• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

4-Corners

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay guys, important safety bulletin. Don't put your staples in the corners of your target. I went out after lunch and tried to shoot my target (last contest I waited so long to shoot that I had to shoot on MY time.. :shake: ). Anyhow, I shot all the staples out and my target blew away. Now I have to start all over. :grin:

Honest!! :rotf:

Yeah . . . had that happen to mine too.

Just as I was reaching down to grab the paper off the ground a big gust of wind picked it up and pulled it out of the draw and headed it to the east. Last I was able to catch sight of it, it was headed to Jonesboro. :bull:

Mountainman56 said:
Don't put your staples in the corners of your target Anyhow, I shot all the staples out and my target blew away. Now I have to start all over. :grin:

I hate it when that happens. :cursing: GW

OK, lets help the OLDER ones, it's ok if you guys walk to pickup them wind blown targets. :grin:

Huh?? :confused: Walk?? Apparantly you haven't driven by the "Old Guys" local hangout lately.

Oldguysbikerbar.jpg

:shocked2: ..........Hey this is harder than it sounds. I did manage to get four all on the same sheet of paper, without cutting the edges...........................but at the same time I think I helped the recession by putting two or three pulp and paper mills back into production :grin:
It'll be in the mail come monday morning... :hatsoff:

Soggy

Hey I got this paper foldin thing all figured out. Now if I could just get one in the corner. :shake: Do y'all suppose Jethro would notice if the holes don't all come thru from the same side? :confused:

This ain't as easy as it sounds!

My first target...the first 3 shots were decent. The 4th ball hit about 1/8-1/4" from the edge of the paper. Since the cardboard backing already had a bunch of holes in it, the paper ripped. So I figured I would just shoot another target (especially since I knew I could do better than I had on the first 3 shots anyway).

Well, let's just say I ran out of powder before I got a piece of paper with 4 holes in the corners without any breaking the edge. :surrender:

fyrfyter43 said:

My first target...the first 3 shots were decent. The 4th ball hit about 1/8-1/4" from the edge of the paper. Since the cardboard backing already had a bunch of holes in it, the paper ripped. So I figured I would just shoot another target (especially since I knew I could do better than I had on the first 3 shots anyway).

Well, let's just say I ran out of powder before I got a piece of paper with 4 holes in the corners without any breaking the edge. :surrender:

Don't give him any ideas! :doh: Next thing he'll come up with a contest where you have to cut the edge with ALL of em. :shake:

Mountainman56 said:
fyrfyter43 said:

Don't give him any ideas! :doh: Next thing he'll come up with a contest where you have to cut the edge with ALL of em. :shake:

That might have been easier!

I finally got a target I can send in. Only took me 4 targets today, plus however many I shot yesterday. The third one today I had 3 of the 4 balls break the edge of the paper.

Probably would have been alot easier if I had left my gun well enough alone. I recently put the primitive rear sight on my GPR and yesterday was the first time at the range with it. My front sight was previously filed a bit lower than it should be for the fixed sight (it's now hitting 2" high at 25 yards, 6" high at 50, and dead on at 100), and it was off to the right about 1 1/2".

Back