• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

July Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Everyone knows that July 4 is the big holiday in July, but we are celebrating a lesser known holiday month - July is National Ice Cream Month!

Shoot your rifle at 25 yds and pistol at 15 yds. You can shoot offhand or shoot from a rest - just mark your target which way you shot (OH or Rest).

5 shots - 10 pts for hits in the center bull, 5 pts for anywhere in the ice cream scoop and 3 pts for the cone for a maximum of 50 pts. One half of the ball must be in the scoring ring to count. Please score your own targets and mark your score on the target along with the load data. Pictures of your firearms are always nice!

Shoot as many times as you want and post your best target. If you shoot a reentry you can post another target but I will only score the best target.

This is all for fun so don't be reluctant to post your targets - it's all about friendly competition and the more you compete the better you will get!

Have fun and stay safe.

Gary

Attachments

• July 2023 Target.pdf
    98.2 KB · Views: 0
Here’s
AC71AB56-5170-463A-A0D9-E67E2D43B6CD.jpeg
a couple smoothbore targets from this morning. I have #1 scored at 30. Fun target to shoot.
.62 Fusil De Chasse
.60 RB
.020 patch with Ballistol/ water lube
70 gr Goex 2F/ 2F in the pan

Shot mine this a.m. Scored 20 with one complete whiff. I'll try again later this month and see if I can improve on the score.
.40 Poor boy flintlock
40 grains of 3F
Bore butter lube with pillow tick patch.

I shot the July target today as well with my Waksupi-built I. Haines FL rifle. I used a .535" RB (home cast) + .011" -.012" twill (?) patch wetted with 1 Ballistol : 6 water. As it was quite hot and humid, I took extra care in wiping the pan, flint, and frizzen so I wouldn't get hang fires: It worked! The charge, btw was 60gr. GOEX FFg. However, I wasn't overjoyed by my performance as the target I'm not posting had a tighter group, but only 1 hit in the center of the cone.

Attachments

• IMG_6493.jpeg
    IMG_6493.jpeg
    754.6 KB · Views: 0
got onto my hind legs long enough to shoot the target. had to sit with my elbows resting on the table.
used my TC Hawken .45 flint with TC Vernier and TC globe front. fine combo it seems.
just for giggles i am adding one i shot yesterday with my .54 Lyman GPR
20230705_171935.jpg

20230705_155926.jpg

Last edited:
Back