• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

July Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just getting my 30 year old flintlock regulated. The "frizzen" had to be surface hardened. The touch hole had to be raised almost 3/8 ". I have not shot it since repaired. Weather here in 90 to 100 degree range. I have to travel 25 miles to the target range in Cecil County, MD.. When do the targets need to be "sent in"? Joined Muzzleloading Forum not long ago. I have already LEARNED much to my education about ML. I have been a "reenactor" when it was acceptable to wear synthetic uniforms. I don't get out to reenact much anymore.
Welcome! I like to have all the targets in by the last day of the month so I can score them. I will be posting a new target for August on Sunday or Monday🙂

WELL i JUST FINISHED SHOOTING IT AGAIN WITH THE SQUIRREL RIFLE NOT TO BAD FOR A GUN I ONLY SHOOT ONCE A YEAR AT THE YEARLY CLUB SHOOT FIRST WEEKEND OF AUGEST 40 CAL AND SMALLER AGREGATE.

Attachments

• DSC04032.JPG
    DSC04032.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Tried to re-shoot target today but sot hot was sweating so much I couldn’t hold on to the rifle. Great time shooting these every month. Thanks Gary. My grandfather bought me that knife at a Western Auto store when I was a kid - mid 1960’s. The other is a Kabar/Becker BK62 Kephart.
641A3FE1-2973-45FF-BF80-70B427F24F7A.jpeg

Tried to re-shoot target today but sot hot was sweating so much I couldn’t hold on to the rifle. Great time shooting these every month. Thanks Gary. My grandfather bought me that knife at a Western Auto store when I was a kid - mid 1960’s. The other is a Kabar/Becker BK62 Kephart. View attachment 240855
Seems a shame that many near misses only scored 25.
good shooting!

My July submission. Best one out of 3 attempts. 1st time shooting this with the new sights. Got it sighted in pretty good and then the buttstock came loose. Of course I forgot to bring a screwdriver to tighten it back up. 😒

Attachments

• 20230730_154458.jpg
    20230730_154458.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Thanks Gary for doing this I have really enjoyed shooting this months target .I have shot it every weekend this month and have attached my best two targets one from rest and one off hand. It is obvious that my gun shoots better than I can shoot it offhand.

Attachments

• IMG_1822.jpeg
    IMG_1822.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
A big thank you to shot caller Gary! Sorry I was last minute. I used the 1860, 20 gr Goex 3F, .454 Hornady ball, Oxyoke wonder wad, #11 Remington cap. Honestly, I am disqualified, my club only has a 13 yard pistol range, and other guys were shooting so's I couldn't move back. Still was fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20230731_132308354_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230731_132308354_HDR.jpg
    993.3 KB · Views: 0
A big thank you to shot caller Gary! Sorry I was last minute. I used the 1860, 20 gr Goex 3F, .454 Hornady ball, Oxyoke wonder wad, #11 Remington cap. Honestly, I am disqualified, my club only has a 13 yard pistol range, and other guys were shooting so's I couldn't move back. Still was fun.
Correction, 30 gn. Goex.

Wow there were some great targets posted this month!
Nice to see all you new folks in the game!

I got the 58 Kolonial out last night. It was a beautiful evening with a light breeze on the Montana mountain. My target from last night was better than the one I shot earlier in the month so that's the one I'm posting for official score. The rest of the pictures are just for fun.... there's always one ball that won't stay in the group. My target's a little wrinkled from being under the seat of the Gator all month.

Offhand 45 Points
58 Kolonial
55gr 3fff Swiss
.570 Wheel-Weight
.015 Ticking
My last ball was on the line, so I printed another target and laid it over the top to be sure it was in the ten-spot.. and I feel that it is, but I yield to Gary's official ruling.
20230731_183917.jpg
20230731_182729.jpg

20230730_211459.jpg
I shot this target on the 15th.. very happy with the offhand group but I just couldn't get it to come "left" enough! And there's always one ball that proves I had both eyes shut my head out of the way. LOL
20230715_112418.jpg

Last edited:
Wow there were some great targets posted this month!
Nice to see all you new folks in the game!

I got the 58 Kolonial out last night. It was a beautiful evening with a light breeze on the Montana mountain. My target from last night was better than the one I shot earlier in the month so that's the one I'm posting for official score. The rest of the pictures are just for fun.... there's always one ball that won't stay in the group. My target's a little wrinkled from being under the seat of the Gator all month.

Offhand 45 Points
58 Kolonial
55gr 3fff Swiss
.570 Wheel-Weight
.015 Ticking
My last ball was on the line, so I printed another target and laid it over the top to be sure it was in the ten-spot.. and I feel that it is, but I yield to Gary's official ruling.
View attachment 241336
View attachment 241337

View attachment 241338
I shot this target on the 15th.. very happy with the offhand group but I just couldn't get it to come "left" enough! And there's always one ball that proves I had both eyes shut my head out of the way. LOL
View attachment 241339
Nice target Freedom! I also score that as a 45:thumb:Thanks for posting

Results are in and posted in the attached file as well as below.

Nice shooting and hope everyone had a good time! I enjoy seeing all the targets and gear used to shoot the matches - hope you all enjoy the August target!

Gary

NameRifle OHNameRifle Bench
Freedom45dank3d10150
garypl40deerstalkert40
Collie35JGH4535
nessmuk35
emery35
dank3d10130
PK30
Maven30
SchoolBelle30
JGH4525