• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

4-Corners

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright alright. It took me 5 shots to make 4 holes in my target. :surrender: It was that dang Tsunami warning that had me all shook up. :blah: GW

Buripity said:
The edge of the paper is like water on a golf course. It makes you shoot much further away from it! :hmm:

You can reverse the polarity by aiming at the center. :wink:

Hockeyref said:
Looks like I won't make this one... Finally got the GPR to the point where I can shoot her..... Barrel is still in the white but the rest is pretty much done. Problem is that the rain has been coming down.... guess I'll put a few hundred balls down the pipe and be ready for the next one.

There's still tomorrow. You can shoot your target and brown your barrel at the same time. :haha:

Don't feel too bad GW, I hear tell it took some folks more than 5 TARGETS to get 4 holes. :haha:

I am about ready to give up on this one! I couldn't do it with my 54 or squirrel gun today!
I my have to shoot 4 at the center and send it in!
This one is tough!!
:bow:

grzrob said:
I am about ready to give up on this one! I couldn't do it with my 54 or squirrel gun today!
I my have to shoot 4 at the center and send it in!
This one is tough!!
:bow:

:rotf: I know exactly how you feel.

Well, Jethro, I'm not going to be able to do this one either. Too many things got in the way. I am really disapointed too because this sounds like a fun challenge. Maybe you could do it again in a few months. If you do, I'll really plan on getting it shot. Guess I'll have to depend on Mountainman 56 to hold up the "old guys rule" trueism. :thumbsup:

Take care, see ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Now that I think about, some of us should have put 4 balls in a shotgun and see where they hit! :hmm:

Jim/OH said:
Well, Jethro, I'm not going to be able to do this one either. Too many things got in the way. I am really disapointed too because this sounds like a fun challenge. Maybe you could do it again in a few months. If you do, I'll really plan on getting it shot. Guess I'll have to depend on Mountainman 56 to hold up the "old guys rule" trueism. :thumbsup:

As much frustration as this has caused the members so far, and as much as my stocks in paper, lead, and Goex have gone up this month :haha: , there is sure to be a do-over somewhere down the road. :thumbsup:
I've got a couple of other things I want to do first tho. :wink:

Jim/OH said:

Well Jim, we're going to have to hope then that all the young fellas shot worse than me.....and that will be tough to do. There's a lot of paper between my bullet holes and the edge. :shake:

Well Mountainman 56, you may be surprised from the sounds of the groaning I have been hearing. We'll soon find out. I hope Jethro follows up on a do over after he gets these others out of the way. With four shots, it starts becoming a challenge. Looking forward to see how all does. :thumbsup:

Here Are The Results!

1st Place goes to Mountainman56 total score 7.751" :hatsoff:

A close second to Grey Whiskers total score 7.772" :thumbsup:

3rd fyrfyter43 9.573"

4th Buripity 12.427"

5th Skunkskinner 12.512"

6th Soggy 12.727"

Grats Mountainman56! :hatsoff:

I hope you all enjoyed playing. Sounded like it caused a little frustration for a few of you. :haha: I know a few of you want to try this one again and we will. There's a few other thing we're going to do first, but this one will surely come back around. :thumbsup:

:grin: .........I'll tell my friends I came in 6th place;...............just won't tell 'em there was only 6 of us shootin'....... :rotf: :rotf: ............Thanks Jethro; can't wait 'till the next one!

Soggy

Thanks for running the match Jethro. I plan on participating the next time, sounds like a lot of fun. Congrats to Mountainman 56, "Old Guys Rule" again. :thumbsup:

See ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Congrats to Mountainman 56, "Old Guys Rule" again.

And there was only .021" between his and GW's targets. Ya know they're twin brothers with different mothers...

Well I'll be! :haha: I just got in frome 4 days down in Big Bend and Terlingua. Never looked at my computer since Wednesday. Looks like the Twins/Old Guys held their own this time.

Thanks for the contest Jethro. It was fun (and frustrating). :thumbsup:

Mountainman56 said:
Thanks for the contest Jethro. It was fun (and frustrating). :thumbsup:

Ditto, and nice shooting Mountainman56 :hatsoff:

And a big thank you to you Soggy for bringing up the rear :wink:

Back