• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

4-Corners

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shocked2: :shocked2: .......Oh! oh!........I ain't so sure I'm gonna be able to participate in this shoot after all. I just googled up "4 corners" and let me tell you it's gonna take a whole pile of gas money to get there from Nova Scotia, jut to shoot four shots...........
fourcorners.gif

Soggy said:
:shocked2: :shocked2: .......Oh! oh!........I ain't so sure I'm gonna be able to participate in this shoot after all. I just googled up "4 corners" and let me tell you it's gonna take a whole pile of gas money to get there from Nova Scotia, jut to shoot four shots...........
fourcorners.gif

I knew a guy that met his Waterloo at the four corners .....He wasen't shootin a muzzleloader either. :shake:

Maybe I ought to try this one. It is only a couple hours drive to 4 corners and I am sure I could hit it with something when I got there :redface:

Merdean

This would be a great 4 person team shoot some time. Everybody takes a corner, and everybody's error affects more than himself... sort of like voting.

You could also stretch this type of contest by cutting the paper according to the holes you have shot, then shoot the "corners" again, and again. Miss the paper and you're out. Eventually the best shooters would have a post-it sized target to score or to curse.
I think I'd administer that shoot, instead of shooting it. Tears might mess up the finish on my barrel.

Oh no! My kindergarten teacher told me I couldn't fit a round ball into a square corner! :wink:

I guess I'll have to prove her wrong, again. She once said I'd never graduate high school! HA! I showed her, 20 years later! :rotf:

This one sounds like fun! I especially like the fact that this will take several shots. Perhaps the prize for this one should be a ream of paper so Jethro can make more dividends on his stock and the winner can replenish their paper supply. :hmm: I'm running out of excuses to tell my wife when she asks why the printer never has any paper! :yakyak:

trent/OH said:
This would be a great 4 person team shoot some time. Everybody takes a corner, and everybody's error affects more than himself... sort of like voting.

Filed under future ideas to use. :thumbsup:

Ah! Finally one I'm a natural for. When I shoot at the bullseye my shots hit around the edges, anyway.

Added a rule. :wink:

Jethro224 said:
This one is Musketman's idea and I thought it sounded like a fun shoot to try. :thumbsup:

4-Corners Shoot

The object of the game is to shoot 4 separate shots, with one as close to each of all 4 of the corners of the target as possible without going off the edge of the target.

Any traditional muzzleloading long gun or handgun, rifled or smoothbore, firing a single projectile is allowed.
No cannons.

The target is a standard 8.5 x 11" sheet of printer paper.

Distance is 25 yards.

Shots are to be taken off-hand.

One shot in each corner of the target.

Targets with more than 4 holes will be disqualified.

All shots must be completely on the paper. Targets with shots that break the edge of the paper will be disqualified. If you hit the edge, get another sheet of paper and try again.

Shots will be measured from the corner of the target to the center of the hole.

Smallest total distance of all 4 shots determines the winner.

Targets that have been mutilated will be disqualified.

All Muzzleloadingforum members are eligible to participate.

Members screen name must be written on their target.(So we know who won. :wink: )

One entry per member.

Multiple targets may be submitted in the same envelope to save postage if more than one member shoots in the same group.

Targets must be postmarked by October 1, 2009 to be eligible.

Targets received after October 10, 2009 will be disqualified.

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

New Rule;
Any member who can't get out of bed (without falling on their head ) and go to the range, due to recent surgery etc., can use a traditional open sighted BB gun for the contest and shoot at 20 feet.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe! :hatsoff:

Mail entries to;
Jim Green
P.O. Box 22
Pekin, IL 61555-0022

New Rule;
Any member who can't get out of bed (without falling on their head ) and go to the range, due to recent surgery etc., can use a traditional open sighted BB gun for the contest and shoot at 20 feet.

Great idea......for a youngster. Does you gotta stuff the BB in from the front? What size patch do you use I wonder. :hmm:

:shake: Swampy's Ma is gonna be ******! Gonna be least 5 lil holes in the bedsheets,,,specially if he's cuttin at the muzzle!. :rotf: and dents in the door! :shocked2: oh my!~ :haha:

Mountainman56 said:
:hmm: Methinks this contest is going to be more difficult than it sounds.....even at 25 yards.

There's a trick to corner shoots, just aim at the center. :grin:

lonehunter said:
If you fold the paper right, you only need one good shot :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :v

Just fer that, I ain't tellin' ya which corner I'm measurin' yer shots from. :shocked2: :doh: :rotf:

lonehunter said:
If you fold the paper right, you only need one good shot :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :v

I can see it now, an Origami Shooting Contest. :rotf:

origamishoot.jpg

Just fer that, I ain't tellin' ya which corner I'm measurin' yer shots from.
Dont matter i cant hit paper four times anyway :v

hanshi said:
Ah! Finally one I'm a natural for. When I shoot at the bullseye my shots hit around the edges, anyway.

That reminds me...Hey Jethro, Can I have my target from the Old Guys vs. Young Guys contest? That would be a great start for this contest! All I have to do is shoot at the center three more times. :rotf: :rotf:

Back