• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

4-Corners

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
This one is Musketman's idea and I thought it sounded like a fun shoot to try. :thumbsup:

4-Corners Shoot

The object of the game is to shoot 4 separate shots, with one as close to each of all 4 of the corners of the target as possible without going off the edge of the target.

Any traditional muzzleloading long gun or handgun, rifled or smoothbore, firing a single projectile is allowed.
No cannons.

The target is a standard 8.5 x 11" sheet of printer paper.

Distance is 25 yards.

Shots are to be taken off-hand.

One shot in each corner of the target.

Targets with more than 4 holes will be disqualified.

All shots must be completely on the paper. Targets with shots that break the edge of the paper will be disqualified. If you hit the edge, get another sheet of paper and try again.

Shots will be measured from the corner of the target to the center of the hole.

Smallest total distance of all 4 shots determines the winner.

Targets that have been mutilated will be disqualified.

All Muzzleloadingforum members are eligible to participate.

Members screen name must be written on their target.(So we know who won. :wink: )

One entry per member.

Multiple targets may be submitted in the same envelope to save postage if more than one member shoots in the same group.

Targets must be postmarked by October 1, 2009 to be eligible.

Targets received after October 10, 2009 will be disqualified.

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

New Rule;
Any member who can't get out of bed (without falling on their head ) and go to the range, due to recent surgery etc., can use a traditional open sighted BB gun for the contest and shoot at 20 feet.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe! :hatsoff:

Mail entries to;
Jim Green
P.O. Box 22
Pekin, IL 61555-0022

:hmm: ............Sounds like fun! I think I may have an advantage here in this shoot seeing as I spent considerable time standing in corners when I was in school. :grin:
Soggy

Soggy said:
:hmm: ............Sounds like fun! I think I may have an advantage here in this shoot ...

I kinda figgered RC would have the advantage. All he's gotta do is aim for the center... I've seen his targets before.:rotf:

:redface: I dun fixed that! dang salesman sell me a square peep site with the top off :confused: :shake: he says....."Authentic" "Original" the "one of a kind" shoulda told me somethin! :redface:

All better now! :grin:

how many corners?????? :confused:

spiv.jpg

:grin: :grin: :grin:

RC said:
is them bayonets?????? CHARGE! :grin:
No...No... :shocked2: You gotta shoot the holes in the target ............not stab 'em :blah:

AHHH Jethro, another fun sounding contest. :grin: You do a good job of coming up with these. :thumbsup: I'll see what we can do. Have to work in inbetween Friendship, but should be able to do that ok. :wink:
See ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Great, Now you got us running in circles, trying to shoot at the corners :rotf: I dont know about the rest of you fellas, but it sounds to me like Jethro might have some stock in the paper, and or powder industry :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

lonehunter said:
Great, Now you got us running in circles, trying to shoot at the corners :rotf: I dont know about the rest of you fellas, but it sounds to me like Jethro might have some stock in the paper, and or powder industry :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No, no. :nono: Ya gotta run in rectangles. Otherwise you'll never find the corners. :blah:

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: maybe I SHOULD buy some stock... Anybody wanna do 3 or 4 contests every month? :grin: :grin: :grin:

Jethro224 said:
RC said:
scariest part is.....
This one is Musketman's idea
:shocked2:

an jethros listenin to him! :shocked2:

We're teamin' up on ya. BwaHAHA!
:blah:

The funny part is that I originally wanted to use a round sheet of paper for the corner shoot, but Jethro stepped up and pointed out that there are no corners to aim at. :grin:

:shocked2: oh Lord! :shocked2:
now MM's listenin to..AND takin direction :shocked2: from jethro.....

wow... :shake: they say great minds think alike :hmm: ..............then there's these two.......... :confused:

:rotf:

Back