• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

June Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
23EC515D-4B55-4965-94B3-3CA5478080A2.jpeg
My entry for June. Thanks for providing this fun contest. Really enjoy it.

Managed to get out after a week of rain. Went with the pistol this time that I picked up off here from grizz44mag a couple weeks ago.
Hopkins and Allen underhammer.
15yds off hand
30gr Schutzen 3f
.430 RB
.010 wonderlube patch.
Took a bit to get used to her...and for the new gun jitters to wear off. Thanks for doing this!!

Attachments

• 20230630_164814.jpg
    20230630_164814.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Managed to get out after a week of rain. Went with the pistol this time that I picked up off here from grizz44mag a couple weeks ago.
15yds off hand
30gr Schutzen 3f
.430 RB
.010 wonderlube patch.
Took a bit to get used to her...and for the new gun jitters to wear off. Thanks for doing this!!
Looks like 30 pts - nice shooting! I used to own one of these but traded it away many years ago - they are very accurate pistols!

Thanks for posting!

Gary

15yds off hand
30gr Schutzen 3f
.430 RB
.010 wonderlube patch.
002.jpg

I can't hit the side of a barn with mine.

Smoth bore "Lone Watti" pistol no rear sight.
40gr 5fa reenactor
.600 WW
.015PT
Cutting oil/water
Off Hand
20 points
20230610_182247.jpg

58 Kolonial
.570WW
45gr 5fa Goex
Off Hand
30 points
Bottom target
20230630_191843.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting!
Thank you Gary.
Not my best showing. But I was very happy to be able to call my shots...the only shot to break center with my rifle went right into the bullseye, it felt so good.

Lone Watti pistol has been such a challenging quest to learn. Sure have made some amazing shots with it...but with just a tiny waiver in concentration I can miss the mark by yards! Hahaha
So great to be alive and to be shooting!

Nice group! What kind of rifle are you shooting? Thanks for posting.
Its a 25 caliber flintlock with a birdseye maple stock. I built it about 8 years ago and have more fun with it shooting squirrels than hunting deer. It only uses 20gr of 3f and you can get 350 shots out of a 1lb can of powder with it, so i get to shoot more rounds at the range. I used to mold .250 round balls for it but now I found a place that I can buy Number 3 swagged buckshot for it so I bought 16 lbs. of it and since I am 76 years old, that should last me the rest of my life. It was a real pain in the ass to mold those little balls.

Attachments

• IMG_E3559.JPG
    IMG_E3559.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
Scores are in and here are the results:

Name OH Rifle Bench Rifle

emery 45
WM300 40
SchoolBelle 35
garypl 35
PK 30
Richard Dittman 30
deerstalkert 30
Freedom 30
11th Corp 25
longcruise 25
Salty 25 20
buckskin quinn 20
nessmuk 20

Name Pistol
PK 35
Greybeard 30
Maven 25
Freedom 20
Richard Dittman 20

I'm looking forward to seeing the July ice cream cone gets shot! Thank to everyone for posting your targets!

Gary

Latest posts

Back