• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

February Postal Match Target

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All, greetings from not so sunny Florida where my wife & I winter over. I've had computer troubles, but now have resolved them. Be that as it may, although I printed out the February target, I won't be able to shoot them with a BP firearm. Ergo, I'll try with a .22cal. target pistol and submit them, but not for record. Good luck to all who participate the right way!

Well I had hoped to shoot this target again with a better score but this month is slipping away. So here it is.

Attachments

• IMG_3967.jpeg
    IMG_3967.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
We have an incredibly nice day here in the Heartland for late Feb. Sunny, mid 60's. We will pay for this with crappy weather tomorrow most likely.
Northwest Trade Gun flintlock smoothbore
.600 round ball with pillow tick patch, maxi lube
60 grains of 2F.
Shots 9 and 10 did not make the paper. When I fired number 9 it seemed very light. After 10 I finally looked-it also landed about 6" under the paper-I realized my powder measure had slipped and I was only loading about 40 grains.
Oh well.
Score of 30
Off hand.
034.jpg

We have an incredibly nice day here in the Heartland for late Feb. Sunny, mid 60's. We will pay for this with crappy weather tomorrow most likely.
Northwest Trade Gun flintlock smoothbore
.600 round ball with pillow tick patch, maxi lube
60 grains of 2F.
Shots 9 and 10 did not make the paper. When I fired number 9 it seemed very light. After 10 I finally looked-it also landed about 6" under the paper-I realized my powder measure had slipped and I was only loading about 40 grains.
Oh well.
Score of 30
Off hand.View attachment 298613
That’s good smoothbore shooting on a tough target. I’ll give it another try these next couple of days and hope to even get a score.

Bench shot. Patch and lube do matter. Got lazy and bought some prelubed BoreButter .015” patches. .490, 40 grains Schutzen . Shot 4 times, top left and top center. Then went to .017” material, 20% Dawn. Only scored 40 but last 6 shoots touching or darn near. Hope March brings some big honkin strawberries!
I agree, they do make a difference.

No BP range close by me here in FL, which is why I didn't bring a ML with me. However, I did bring a .22cal. target pistol and went to an indoor range yesterday to fire at that Feb. target, but not for record. My results weren't too bad considering I hadn't fired that pistol in quite a while and most of my ML (and CF) rifles in several months. In short, the results were too poor to post, but the March target looks promising. Good luck to those who participated in the Feb. frolic!

Light turnout in February - bad weather in many parts, busy schedules!

Here are results for February target. Hope we see more shooters in March!

NameRifle OHNameRifle Supported
Garypl40BuckSkinQuin40
AndrewMtnMan30Salty30
NameSmoothie OH
11th Corps30
NameSmoothie Supported
NamePistol OH
PK30
Richard Dittman30
JakeGA20NamePistol Supported

Latest posts

Back