• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

June Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary, here’s a pistol target. Looks like a score 35.
1829579C-E994-4184-9515-4AB867FE13E7.jpeg

15 yds, off hand
.36 caliber perc.
.350 RB
.020 patch with Ballistol/water lube
15 gr Swiss 3F

The pistol is a Pedersoli LePage. It’s a reproduction of a French dueling pistol from ~the 1840’s. This is the smaller caliber target pistol version. It is extremely accurate and a real pleasure to shoot. Far more accurate then I’ll ever be able to shoot it.
Good shooting indeed PK.
Tell us about the pistol you used.

2nd try but I did not improve my score.
It was a beautiful day in the heartland. Cool overnight then morning, warming in the afternoon.
Shot my Northwest trade gun I assembled from parts purchased from Track of the Wolf. Been almost 20 years ago. Tim flies.
.600 round ball. I cast from my collected range scrap.
60 grains of Goex 3F.
Pillow Tick patch, bore butter lube
Smoothbore flintlock.

the trigger pull on this is very stiff. I read some time ago that native Americans used both their trigger and middle finger so that's what I do. It works and I'm used to it now.

Score 25 off hand
011.jpg

11the corps, My NW trade gun (Green River Forge) had a heavy trigger pull too, but I fixed it by soldering a small pc. of nickel silver Code 100 HO model RR rail to the trigger (where the sear bears on it) and then shaped it with a Dremel and file so that the let off was lighter. It's been in place for ~10 yrs. and works fine. Just some food for thought.

This is my first time shooting the MLF online match. It was a fun time and hopefully I will be able to participate again in the future.

I shot this after fiddling with my sight in . The two outliers were the first and last shots. I have a huge list of alibis but I'll spare y’all 🤪

I figure this as a 25 but leave the final decision to the judge.

45 tc hawken, 445 ball, #40 drill patch, 45 gr Scheutzen 3f, homemade caps, 25 yd offhand

20230620_113218_copy_600x744.jpg

Here's my sorry entry (pistol) for this month. I'll try to shoot a rifle target before the end of the month.

Particulars: I used a [ca. 1978] Rem. 1858 NMA revolver imported by Euroarms. This one wears a way too high front sight that I fabricated from cartridge brass and soldered to the stub of the old, dovetailed front sight. To get the group that you see below, I aimed at the top of the corn cob, which I mounted vertically. I used 30gr. GOEX FFg, an Ox Yoke OP lubed felt wad, and a .451" RB cast from a Lee Precision mould. The caps were Win. Mag. #11's, which worked perfectly. I also damp swabbed the bbl. after every 5 shots. Most of the clean up was done at the range and wasn't any more labor intensive than cleaning my CF cartridge revolvers.

Attachments

• IMG_6491.jpeg
    IMG_6491.jpeg
    677.2 KB · Views: 0
Finally made it out to the range to burn some powder. Shot both my rifle and new pistol. The weather wasn’t to bad. Upper 80’s with a slight wind. Still breaking in my pistol and getting the sights and powder load dialed in.

Attachments

• IMG_0868.jpeg
    IMG_0868.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0867.jpeg
    IMG_0867.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Thanks for posting and nice group with your rifle Richard! I’m going to call the score 25 because the ball at the top outside the main group does not appear to be half in the scoring area.😣 Glad to see you are back shooting.
Gary

Latest posts

Back