• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Shootin' Contest Round 4 July

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was bound to happen as I ain't much of a paper shooter! I was surprised to have got this far!
Being in the deseased column means that I can go to the range and not have any pressure at all about my first shot! This was the second time I shot a gun that I had not shot in many months. It finally cought up with me! Good shooting there!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Up to the minute results;

Fresh Meat Bracket:

Still Healthy ....................... Wounded
Mountainman56 1.218" ....... Halftail 2.250"
Jim/OH 1.006" ................... fat jack Miss
grey whiskers 2.000" ....... 410-er 4.750"

Wounded Bracket:

Wounded .......................... Dead
PeteD 2.875"...................... tg 3.125"
flaming canvas 0.508" ......... jethro224 0.562"
BakeovenBill 2.187" ............. mykeal 3.125"
bucktales 1.850" ................. grzrob 3.500"

:hatsoff:

ONLY 3 MORE DAYS LEFT IN ROUND 4!
We're still waitin' to hear from;
CZMark
breechplug
Zemenar
HFD60
wirehairman
and Plink

Come on and get them shots in!

Since all of the fresh meat matches are done for round 4, I went ahead and did the draw for the still healthy guys.(still a few shots left for the wounded bracket) Ain't but 3 of ya left now so, Mountainman56, you get a bye.
Jim/OH and GW will be shootin' against one another for round 5. The winner will shoot against Mountainman56 in round 6. Feel free to start early if'n ya want to. :hatsoff:

In round 7 there will be only one guy without a scratch so he will move to the wounded bracket even tho he ain't wounded. He will still have to be shot twice tho. He'll just have to have somebody to shoot against so we hafta move him. So, whoever draws that guy, shoot him so it'll be easier to keep track. :haha:

Since we're gettin' down to the nitty gritty now, we're gonna start new rounds as soon as all the shots are in. ie. Round 5 will be over either August 30 or as soon as all the matches are done. If everybody turns in a score by the 15th (or whatever), Round 6 will start the next day. Round 6 will last one month or until all those shots are in, whichever comes first. etc. etc. etc. The sooner y'all shoot, the sooner I can send that bottle of Swampy's Bear Squeezin's to the winner. :thumbsup:

A bye! More time to practice! :) I've been awful lucky so far. There's a lot of guys who got knocked out who had better shots than I've had.

I found out last weekend it's a lot easier to shoot at a proper target than a blank sheet of paper. I got lucky and was able to impress some of them cartridge shootin guys out at a friends place. Got six shots inside 3" using two different rifles (my .50 CVA Mountainrifle and my .54 GPR). One of the fellows figured he could do better with his centrefire but it didn't work out that way :grin: I'm still waiting for the case of beer he owes me. I do however have one guy wanting me to call him the next time I go shootin so maybe I've got me another convert.

I'll be away from the forum for several days starting Thursday. I'm going out to Sacramento to spend some time with Travis before he gets deployed so good luck to all you guys left in the shootin match. :thumbsup:

Well I sure feel lucky to still be in the healthy bracket. Lot's of good shootin done by the others. :thumbsup: Good luck to ya in the next round, Jim/OH. :grin: GW

Ok GW, Thanks, and the same to you also. :thumbsup: We'll just have to wing one at each other and see what happens. I better get on the ball and shoot soon so we can get this match finished up. Take care, and "keep em in the black". see ya, Jim :v

Mountainman56 said:
A bye! More time to practice! :) I've been awful lucky so far. There's a lot of guys who got knocked out who had better shots than I've had.

I found out last weekend it's a lot easier to shoot at a proper target than a blank sheet of paper. I got lucky and was able to impress some of them cartridge shootin guys out at a friends place. Got six shots inside 3" using two different rifles (my .50 CVA Mountainrifle and my .54 GPR). One of the fellows figured he could do better with his centrefire but it didn't work out that way :grin: I'm still waiting for the case of beer he owes me. I do however have one guy wanting me to call him the next time I go shootin so maybe I've got me another convert.

I'll be away from the forum for several days starting Thursday. I'm going out to Sacramento to spend some time with Travis before he gets deployed so good luck to all you guys left in the shootin match. :thumbsup:

Yeah, you, GW, and Jim/OH must be livin' right or somethin'... :haha:
Way to go on impressin' the cartridge boys and givin' 'em a whiff of the good stuff. 'Fore ya know it the whole bunch will be MLers. :grin:
Have a good visit and a safe trip. :hatsoff:

Up to the minute results;

Fresh Meat Bracket:

grey whiskers 2.000" .......... 410-er 4.750"

Wounded Bracket:

Plink 2.280" ........................ Dan-L 2.875"

:hatsoff:

ONLY 1 MORE DAY LEFT IN ROUND 4!
We're still waitin' to hear from;
CZMark
breechplug
and
wirehairman

Dang, there ain't many of us left. I's feelin' a bit left out with all them dead fellers havin' a big ol' party down there.

It is gettin' to be a pretty big party down here. WOOOO!
There's even ring girls and a couple of cheerleaders.(the cheerleaders ain't real purty tho... :shake: )

Hey, if/when you come down, bring some Fosters so we can get 'em iced down for GW will ya??? :yakyak: :yakyak: :yakyak: :haha:

jethro224 said:
Hey, if/when you come down, bring some Fosters so we can get 'em iced down for GW will ya??? :yakyak: :yakyak: :yakyak: :haha:

It'd almost be worth it, gettin kilt so's I could drink Fosters with the rest of ya. Iffin there was a jug of Sippin Pie down there I'd shoot myself. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: GW

Well Plink You Done Sent me underground
with the rest of the dead. Hay All you
Dead guys Iam Bringing Lots Of PBR
And Some Retired Cheerleaders :grin:
----------------------------
Dan-L

Dan-L said:
Hay All you
Dead guys Iam Bringing Lots Of PBR
And Some Retired Cheerleaders :grin:
Dan-L
Not quite what awaits those jehad fellows when they pass to the other side............but she'll have to do :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
60_5479.jpg

Now That's Funny I Don't Care Who you "R"
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :
Dan-L

P.S. Thanks Soggy That Was Good
Dan

Final results;

Fresh Meat Bracket:

grey whiskers 2.000" .......... 410-er 4.750"

Wounded Bracket:

Plink 2.280" ........................ Dan-L 2.875"
RC 3.000" ........................... CZMark :surrender:
Zemenar 3.500" ...................... breechplug :surrender:
HFD60 1.025" ........................ wirehairman :surrender:

Grats to those still in the contest!:hatsoff:

I'll post the new match-ups later today. Gotta get to work right now.

Between work and weekend events, I never managed to sneak off to the range despite thinking I might. Besides, that was a great shot HFD, and I probably would've been a goner anyway. Good luck to everyone still in the contest. :thumbsup:

Back