• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Shootin' Contest Round 4 July

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RC said:
Halftail said:
Mountainman56 said:
RC said:
Mountainman56 said:
Hey Halftail, better get to practicing, only 19 more days till the next round. There will only be a handfull of us left for round 5. Maybe we'll get to shoot at each other again before this thing's over.

I've been shooting nearly every day now that the wind's died down. If I could only shoot as good for the contest as I can when I don't give a rat's a$$ :shake: I think I'll make that my new mantra when I shoot my next target:

I don't give a rat's a$$.....ohmmmmm
you want the writ on yer tombstone too? :haha:

Nope. I decided years ago on my tombstone will be written:

I TOLD YOU I WAS SICK!

Yeah But,
"Drunk Sick" don't count! :wink:
I only know one thing for sure....I got at least one more shot in this thing..... :v
which means...someone has one shot at you!!feelin lucky?

Yup,
Cause at least I aint the guy complainin that I need a new Sight on my Newgun..... :grin:

Halftail said:
RC said:
Halftail said:
Mountainman56 said:
RC said:
Mountainman56 said:
Hey Halftail, better get to practicing, only 19 more days till the next round. There will only be a handfull of us left for round 5. Maybe we'll get to shoot at each other again before this thing's over.

I've been shooting nearly every day now that the wind's died down. If I could only shoot as good for the contest as I can when I don't give a rat's a$$ :shake: I think I'll make that my new mantra when I shoot my next target:

I don't give a rat's a$$.....ohmmmmm
you want the writ on yer tombstone too? :haha:

Nope. I decided years ago on my tombstone will be written:

I TOLD YOU I WAS SICK!

Yeah But,
"Drunk Sick" don't count! :wink:
I only know one thing for sure....I got at least one more shot in this thing..... :v
which means...someone has one shot at you!!feelin lucky?

Yup,
Cause at least I aint the guy complainin that I need a new Sight on my Newgun..... :grin:
:hmm: the better to see you with!! :blah:

My fault about that, apparently a V confused the poor boy.... :haha: what do I know?? I am dead anyway :rotf:

Roy said:
My fault about that, apparently a V confused the poor boy.... :haha: what do I know?? I am dead anyway :rotf:
Roy,
I think them Northers got a different alphy-bit that you southers.Hence the confusion.Hell.....I think RC is confused most of the time anyhow... :wink: :grin:

Halftail said:
Roy said:
Roy,
I think them Northers got a different alphy-bit that you southers.Hence the confusion.Hell.....I think RC is confused most of the time anyhow... :wink: :grin:
yea, and yer real quick too.. :shake:

RC said:
Halftail said:
Roy said:
Roy,
yea, and yer real quick too.. :shake:
Yeah! :nono:
Atleast I got 25 of em' Figgered out...I still aint decided bout' the last one though.....Is it .....Zee or Zed... :hmm: :wink:

most are just dyin to get it over.. :thumbsup: 1/2 bottle bear grease? :hmm: or a full bottle of really thin grease.... :thumbsup:

RC said:
most are just dyin to get it over.. :thumbsup: 1/2 bottle bear grease? :hmm: or a full bottle of really thin grease.... :thumbsup:

...or a really small full bottle of bear oil. :hmm: :haha:

jethro224 said:
RC said:

...or a really small full bottle of bear oil. :hmm: :haha:
itty bitty??? :shocked2: oh no! not the dreaded SAMPLE BOTTLE! :shocked2: oh no!

Swamp Rat said:
Lol if this contest don't end soon, Ole Jethro is gonna use up all that prize bear oil. :rotf:

Now I know its a good redneck sport to try to catch a greased pig, but I'm not so sure I've ever heard of anyone trying to oil a bear before. Anyway, got my shot off today. Hoped that Plink could get out and join the fun.

There's been a bit of shootin' goin' on. I'm gonna try and get out tomorrow and shoot mine. Flaming canvas ain't makin' it easy on me tho... 0.508" :shocked2:
One more completed match today.

Fresh Meat Bracket:

Still Healthy .................... Wounded
Mountainman56 1.218" ...... Halftail 2.250"

Wounded Bracket:

Wounded .......................... Dead
PeteD 2.875"...................... tg 3.125"

It was good havin' ya shoot with us tg. Play again next time! In the meanwhile, R.I.P. :wink:
I'll probly be catchin' up to ya tomorrow after I shoot... :haha:

:hatsoff:

Well flaming canvas, there wasn't enough room for the both of us in this here shootin' contest. So I hunkered down and concentrated real hard and shot my best round yet in this here contest. Went and pulled my target with a smile on my face. :grin: I done real good! That hole looked right in the middle! :thumbsup:

Then I went home and measured. :shake: :shake: :shake: 0.562"
Grats! Yer still in it. :hatsoff:

Scoot over soggy, I'm a-comin' down.

Fresh Meat Bracket:

Still Healthy .................... Wounded
Mountainman56 1.218" ...... Halftail 2.250"

Wounded Bracket:

Wounded .......................... Dead
PeteD 2.875"...................... tg 3.125"
flaming canvas 0.508" ............ jethro224 0.562"

:hatsoff:

"It was good havin' ya shoot with us tg. Play again next time"
It was fun, I didn't think I would get very far with the Fusil but it did Ok.
Can't think of a better bunch of guys to have shooting at me, I am happy with the way it worked out I was able to keep the 4 shots within about 5" so that is a dead deer come this fall with a little luck. it's been fun, good luck to the rest of ya and always enjoy the moment.

tg said:
"It was good havin' ya shoot with us tg. Play again next time"
It was fun, I didn't think I would get very far with the Fusil but it did Ok.
Can't think of a better bunch of guys to have shooting at me, I am happy with the way it worked out I was able to keep the 4 shots within about 5" so that is a dead deer come this fall with a little luck. it's been fun, good luck to the rest of ya and always enjoy the moment.
TG,
Like they'd say around here....Ya dun good Ol'Son!
I imagine I'll be a joinin ya soon...in the dead place...I hear Ol' Soggy is lonely! :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back