Postage-free Postal Post Shoot

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

skunkskinner

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Thanks for tallying up the shots Jethro224, I had much fun with this shoot.

Congrats Grzrob , very impressive :hatsoff: and to every one else that took the time to make toothpicks. :thumbsup:

Reaction score
Here be the pictures! I shot this in the first week of the contest. I knew there was no way I could do better so I have been setting on this every since!

Picture 1, I shot the board skinny side facing so I could do the most damage with the pumpkin balls.
You can see a notch above the aiming line. This was my only hit in a try with my biggest smoothbore. I went a couple of inches below and drew an aiming line for the Jaeger. I was shooting a .595 ball, 18 thousands patch greased in Deer Tallow. I wanted to whack the board with authority so I used my Bear load of 90 grains 3F.
This picture shows the first shot dead center and the second shot to the left side of the center shot.

Picture two shows the board from the wide side you can see the large amount of damage to the board.

Picture 3 is after the third shot.

When this contest started I told Jethro I bet I could do it in four shots with the Jaeger. I underestimated the Jaeger by one shot!

dbutch

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Jethro- thanks again for running the show..thanks guys for all the laughs on this one..looks like I'll just be shopping at Friendship this year! :redface:

GreyWhiskers

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Wow, grzrob. 3 shots? I took 10 times that many. :surrender: Good shooting. Congrats!

GW

jethro224

Reaction score
I think we'll do this one again while it's warm out. :hmm:
It was a lotta fun.

Jim/OH

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Yes, that was a blast. Thanks again Jethro for coming up with these. And that three shots was amazing. I though I was doing good with 13 from a .50 cal. :surrender: It would be fun to try it again in warmer weather -- can't shoot as well when I am shivvvvvering. :grin: Look forward to it again. :thumbsup:

See ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff: