• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Postage-free Postal Post Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skunkskinner said:
Yes it's a traditions trapper, I like it very mucho. The double set triggers and heavy barrel makes it the most accurate pistol I can shoot, including all modern ones. :idunno:

:hmm: bet that'll get real heavy afore it gets thru that 2x4! dam I hope its accurate!(within a sliver anyway!) :haha: :thumbsup:

I got 'er done. Took a bit, but I got 'er done. I've done way better with my old Bess that I no longer have, to the pleasure of many local clubs that dubbed her the "Target Breaker". Another story. I used my .54 caliber Early Lancaster with a .530 ball, .015 cotton patch , over 70 gr of FFg Goex to work this carving down. Stringy, stubborn little b*$+*** it was.

This was THE target. V
target1.jpg

This WAS the target. V
Target2.jpg

This is a close up of a toothpick factory. V
target3.jpg

skunkskinner said:
RC said:
:rotf: 32cal.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :shocked2:

Go ahead laugh at my .32

This is what I meant when I said "now for the .50" :blah:

Oh yeah, bring it on :grin:

50pistol002JPG.jpg

SS..............Game On...In The White

IMG_0527.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn you work quick Makeumsmoke :hatsoff:

Next week I'm making toothpicks with my trapper :blah:

Looks good Mad Irish Jack ODonnell , 10 shots as I see it :rotf:

SS Spent 2 years at the colorado school of trades(gunsmithing) way back in the mid seventys...learned some of the gun trade there..Just now getting back into it. Looks like Sunday am for breakin time.

Lonehunter.. my camera does not show much detail- next pistol will either be a Jim Chambers or from a blank and parts..I have got some extra barrels taking up space that could double for pistol barrels...or should I say hand cannons! Got to build something till the Fowler kit arrives. Looking forward to making splinters with the Trapper! Thanks for the kind words..make good smoke....Dan

makeumsmoke said:
skunkskinner said:
RC said:
:rotf: 32cal.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :shocked2:

Go ahead laugh at my .32

This is what I meant when I said "now for the .50" :blah:

Oh yeah, bring it on :grin:

50pistol002JPG.jpg

SS..............Game On...In The White

IMG_0527.jpg

:shocked2: ... :hmm: ... This could be interesting...

Last edited by a moderator:
makeumsmoke said:
MIJO..Boy you sure found a stringy 2x4..Good shooting.....Dan
I guess you could classify me as a caring, "Green", shooter:confused::surrender:. I figure with all the toothpicks I made:doh:, I saved some trees :haha:. If anyone needs toothpicks :rotf:, send me a SASE:hmm: and I'll try to send what I can afford to be without. :yakyak::yakyak::yakyak::rotf::idunno::hatsoff:

done? already???????? what's the striker fer?? meltin more lead? :rotf:

that'd be FUN to watch! :haha:

SS Nice shooting ! :bow: ..Started working on my happy load best I could get was 4" at 25...My trapper does not like pillow ticking :idunno: seems to prefer the thin tight weave cotton patches 2 [email protected] going to try linen next.. so far it preferred 30 grs of bp...once I find the load I'll start making tooth picks.It was strange going shooting without a long gun case!..... Sure does look like fun......Dan

Jethro--Have you shot the post yet? pretty quite from your corner!

Funny you should ask RC. That striker has a screw driver on one I use to tighten up the flint. Took two flints for this 2X4 :redface:

And yes, I did have to pour more ball to finish off this 2X4 :shocked2:

Way to go skunkskinner, that flint pistol did a good job on the 2x4. :bow: I did one with the rifle, been thinkin on trying the Ruger Old Army on one, but it won't quite snowing or the wind get below 30 mph long enough to do it here. I think we got till the end for Feb., so surely I can catch a break before then. Even the shoot I was going to attend last weekend was cancelled because of the weather. :thumbsup:

See ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Jim, You've got until the end of March. :thumbsup:
I figgered there'd be some crummy weather this time of year. :wink:

Keep shootin'!

Ok, that sounds good Jethro. I was thinking it ran out in Feb. :grin: That may give me time to shoot the Old Army and maybe a .32 too. :hmm:

Thanks, see ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Back