• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

March 2023 Postal Target

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
March Results:

Jdirt was high shooter for rifle and pistol - nice pistol target! We had 11 targets posted and tied scores are not posted in any particular order. Thanks everyone for posting your targets and hope you all have fun with the April target!

Gary

Name Rifle Rifle Group Pistol Pistol Group
Jdirt 79 0.527 94-1X 0.468
Richard Dittman 75
Deerstalkert 74-1X 1.07
Nessmuk 74-1X
Robertirvine 74-1X
Freedom475 65 1.405
PK 62-1X
11th Corps 53 1.173
garypl 52
scottmc 37 2.63
Narc50 37

March Results:

Jdirt was high shooter for rifle and pistol - nice pistol target! We had 11 targets posted and tied scores are not posted in any particular order. Thanks everyone for posting your targets and hope you all have fun with the April target!

Gary

Name Rifle Rifle Group Pistol Pistol Group
Jdirt 79 0.527 94-1X 0.468
Richard Dittman 75
Deerstalkert 74-1X 1.07
Nessmuk 74-1X
Robertirvine 74-1X
Freedom475 65 1.405
PK 62-1X
11th Corps 53 1.173
garypl 52
scottmc 37 2.63
Narc50 37
Gary, as always your efforts are much appreciated. Your ability to find interesting targets is really something.

Jdirt

Man that looks like it would have been fun. I saved the target and I'm going to print some out and shoot at them later this year when I get back home.
Last time I did a challenge like this it was 3 shots at a 3" target offhand at 50 yards. I was lucky enough to get 3 out of 3 two times. When you're shooting for "score" (or food (hunting)) it makes you concentrate more.

Man that looks like it would have been fun. I saved the target and I'm going to print some out and shoot at them later this year when I get back home.
Last time I did a challenge like this it was 3 shots at a 3" target offhand at 50 yards. I was lucky enough to get 3 out of 3 two times. When you're shooting for "score" (or food (hunting)) it makes you concentrate more.
Friendly competition usually makes us strive to do better - makes life more interesting 😁

Friendly competition usually makes us strive to do better - makes life more interesting 😁
Back in my younger years when I wasn't as "shaky" a group of us would go out every weekend and shoot. Someone got the bright idea of putting plastic soup spoons handle first into the corregation of a cardboard box. We put the box at 35-40 yards and take turns shooting spoons from left to right. This was all done with flintlocks. A couple of us got pretty good and could hit the spoons regularly. It was great fun and a lot of b..l busting going on in the process.

I wonder how many members print these targets and shoot them.... but then they don't post pictures after seeing some of the Fantastic groups you folks post. Tell me some of you must have iron backbones!😁
I was so hesitant to put up my first target. I thought, “I’ll shoot another one and post the best one up.” Then I dry balled on the second shot. The black powder gods demanded I post it up!
-Red, owning his failures… and crummy shooting…

IMG_1290.jpeg
IMG_1292.jpeg

Once again, shooting my period correct, historically accurate, Tradition’s Kentucky .50 cal, EXACTLY like the rifle Daniel Boone carried to Texas with him.
This was my second target of the day. Load was 40 grains of FFF (because the spout on the brass flask is 20 grains, and this made it more simple) with a .490 ball and Bore Butter lubed .015 ticking.
I got a 20…
Took turns with my son in law shooting today. He shot two target, and I shot two targets. Had a lot of fun. Hoping to do better in June’s target.
Thanks for making this fun! Looking forward to what June brings.
-Red, not worried about anyone stealing his cooler…

:thumb:Glad you are having fun with it Red! And that is a fine looking cooler! Just posted target for June.
Looking forward to it. Hey, sorry about posting two different targets from the same gun. I missed that part somehow. I’ll save up until I get my best one for June.
Thanks again for doing this!
-Red, watching his cooler around Gary…

Latest posts

Back