• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Postage-free Postal Post Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim/OH said:
Ok, that sounds good Jethro. I was thinking it ran out in Feb. :grin: That may give me time to shoot the Old Army and maybe a .32 too. :hmm:

Thanks, see ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Sounds like well have a .32 winner and at least a runner up, if not more :thumbsup:

skunkskinner said:
Jim/OH said:
Ok, that sounds good Jethro. I was thinking it ran out in Feb. :grin: That may give me time to shoot the Old Army and maybe a .32 too. :hmm:

Thanks, see ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Sounds like well have a .32 winner and at least a runner up, if not more :thumbsup:

Anybody shootin' a smoothbore?
Looks like we have rifle, pistol, and small caliber rifle categories already.

Jim/OH said:
Way to go skunkskinner, that flint pistol did a good job on the 2x4. :bow: I did one with the rifle, been thinkin on trying the Ruger Old Army on one, but it won't quite snowing or the wind get below 30 mph long enough to do it here. I think we got till the end for Feb., so surely I can catch a break before then. Even the shoot I was going to attend last weekend was cancelled because of the weather. :thumbsup:

See ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Sunny and 70 degrees inside the tent--heater in left rear corner. In Wisconsin you need to make your own weather to shoot year round!.. Coworker new to BP... Trailchef and I are breaking him in.
It was 8 to 12 degrees with 15 mph wind...Sand bags holding tent down.

IMG_0469.jpg

Hey makumsmoke, that is a real setup for cold weather shooting. I have a good setup at home but live in a flat area that the wind is bad sometimes. I have a workshop beside the house that is semi-warm, makes a nice place to load, then step outside shoot and go back in to reload. Works out good. :thumbsup: As soon as the wind lets up some, I'm going to try it. :grin:

grzrob said:
Well my Mutant Musket should remove wood and make tooth picks.

Looks like there's some competition in the smoothie category too. :thumbsup:

I went out yesterday morning and made some splinters myself with my .50 GPR to see if I could whup up on some Wisconsin cheese-ball-shootin' butt... again. :haha: It didn't go as well as I hoped, but it went better than I feared. Burned up a buncha powder, Flung a lotta lead. Made a lotta splinters.
A concrete block works real good for a post holder-upper. just set it on the ground with the holes up and stick the board in a hole. :thumbsup:

I went out yesterday morning and made some splinters myself with my .50 GPR to see if I could whup up on some Wisconsin cheese-ball-shootin' butt... again. :haha: It didn't go as well as I hoped, but it went better than I feared. Burned up a buncha powder, Flung a lotta lead. Made a lotta splinters.

Jethro- the next time i shoot I will use roundballs instead of cheeseballs with sausage op wad! :youcrazy: ....I guess I have to shoot at 25 yards instead of 50 :shocked2: .This post shoot is just plain fun. :grin:

Don't tell anyone but its more of a cheeseball Gut than Butt! :rotf:

Well, the snow finally melted enough to give it a try last Sunday. Unfortunatly, 2 feet of melting snow turned the range into a muddy mess, but at least it wasn't hard to pound in the 2x4s. I dont do alot of offhand shooting but figgured what the heck, I need the practice anyway. It wasn't pretty, but the board finally gave in to my 54 GPR.
0221101213.jpg

I happened to have another piece of 2x4 so I tried again. Word to the wise, dont use a salt treated 2x4.
0221101421.jpg

Got tired of dealing with the mud so I gave up. Hopefully will try this weekend with a couple other rifles. Getting tired of shooting at paper from a bench anyway.

Ok boys, the weather has broke enough to get out and shoot a little now. I shot the second catagory today (small caliber) with my .32 drop in barrel for the T/C Hawken. Boy those little balls make it a real challenge to cut that board in two. Those last couple of big splinters are tough to get done. But I did, so now it's on to the Ruger Old Army befor the end of the month. The rest of you guys need to get going on this, hasn't been much activity lately. :thumbsup:

Anybody else that want's to shoot? There's only about 2 weeks left to make some splinters and get in on the contest. Don't be shy now. Git ta shootin'! :hatsoff:

Well, boys, I finally got the Rugar Old Army out today, and finished my series of 2 x 4;s, one with the .50 rifle, one with the .32 rifle, and now one with a pistol. Just barely got done before the deadline. If anyone else is going to shoot, I think you got till after tomorrow to get it done. :thumbsup: Now we'll have to wait and see how things shake out. :grin:

Good going, Jim. After my long-winded fight with a 2X4 that was tougher than me I couldn't get the courage up to try it again. Especially with a smaller gun. :shocked2: GW

Yes GW, trying to cut that board with a .32 was a real challange. Anxious to see how well others did with it. Guess we should get the resluts soon, then we'll all know. :thumbsup:

Results Are In!

Sorry, I meant to post this last night but got busy. Anyway, here ya go.

Smoothbore division;

Winner Skunkskinner with his .75 cal Bess - 27 shots. :hatsoff:
Nobody else claimed a smoothbore score.

Pistol division;

Winner, Skunkskinner with a .50 - 32 shots. :hatsoff:
Jim/OH with a ROA .457 - 36 shots.
Makeumfurnacesmoke :haha: Trapper .50 - 55 shots

Smallbore division;

Winner, Skunkskinner with his .32 - 36 shots. :hatsoff:
Jim/OH with his .32 39 shots.

Rifle division;

Winner, Grzrob with his .62 Pistor Jaeger - 3 shots! :shocked2: :hatsoff:
ravenousfishing with a .54 GPR - 12 shots.
Jim/OH with a T/C Hawken .50 - 13 shots.
scairns with a Spanish .44 - 19 shots.
jbrent with a .54 GPR - 20 shots
Buripity finally broke his 4th-place streak with his .54 GPR :haha: - 23 shots.
Mad Irish Jack ODonnell with a Early Lancaster .54 - 24 shots.
Grey Whiskers with his T/C Hawken .50 - 30 shots.
Makeumsmoke with a .54 Renegade - 32 shots.

Moderators division;
I couldn't let you guys have ALL the fun so I shot one down myself with my .50 GPR - 24 shots.

Good shootin' by all! :hatsoff: Especially grzrob with his amazing 3-shot score (he says he'll post pics later), and Skunkskinner with a 3-division sweep. Grats guys!
This was fun!

Back