• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Postage-free Postal Post Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro-Looks like it's time for another gpr-shootoff-Your per-suckion against my flint....I double dog dare-Ya!
Tell ya what to give you a brake I'll use iron wood -

Trailchef and I will be throwing lead tomarrow..good luck...your going to need it!

Kirrmeister said:
Grey Whiskers said:
Kirr,

2X4s aren't pine but Douglas Fir. I'm assuming that they are a common building material in GE the same as here. They are called 2 by 4s but now are actually only 1.5in X 3.5in and come in various lengths, usually about 8 feet.

You should be able to find them in the German equivalent to Home Depot. :grin: GW

Oh I understand. It is kind of wood you use for building small huts or roofs, right? In german it is called "Balken".

Regards

Kirrmeister

Right. It doesn't have to be any particular species of wood. I said pine because that's what we carried back in the day when I worked in a lumber yard. Yellow pine.
Just use a regular, construction grade, board. We use them to frame up just about everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
makeumsmoke said:
Jethro-Looks like it's time for another gpr-shootoff-Your per-suckion against my flint....I double dog dare-Ya!
Tell ya what to give you a brake I'll use iron wood -

Trailchef and I will be throwing lead tomarrow..good luck...your going to need it!

You talked me into it. I'll shoot my persuction .50 GPR againt your flinter. And you don't even hafta use ironwood.Gimme some time tho. I got lotsa work this weekend and another antlerless season next weekend. Ain't planned any farther ahead than that...

Jethro .sounds like fun!-good luck with the horn-less----watch out for those rb repelling ticks and snow flea's--Is it true they are attracted to short guys with scruffy beards wearing funny hats? :rotf:

Well, I ain't short, just regular, but I do have a scruffy beard and a funny lookin' hat. The fleas like to chew on me some, but the ticks mostly bother my short huntin' buddy. He's got a funny hat too but no scruffy beard. :hmm:
The bugs that mostly bug me are buffalo gnats around May-June. They just love munchin' on my ears and the back of my neck. :cursing:
There won't be none of them to bother me whilst I show show ya how to shoot again tho. :wink:

Kirrmeister---This is what your target should look like

IMG_0362.jpg

Now That's an aim point!

:blah: : :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :rotf:

makeumsmoke said:
Kirrmeister---This is what your target should look like..:rotf:

IMG_0362.jpg

Now That's an aim point!

:blah: : :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :rotf:

This is how the aim point morphs when it gets near the target backstop!....I'm thinking Voodoo :rotf:

Complete with horns.. goggles and a "We don't need no stinking bullets" mustache !

IMG_0368.jpg

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

this was a blast! 15 deg. 10 mph tail wind--sunny
I have a shooting berm behind that is wide open marsh...taking the 62 cal Renegade out tomorrow!

before...

IMG_0369.jpg

after

IMG_0375_1.jpg

Bring lots of powder and round balls!

very good! I count..let's see...1 - 2 3... 4 an 1 way up there...6 ...7 13...14 20....21,,, :haha:

IMG_0368.jpg

That's what I look like at 5:00am when I wake up to P at Friendship after I stayed up til 1:00am drinkin' apple pie... and the coffee trailer ain't open yet.

RC...you are going to have to take your shoes and socks off and then some! The image of the "Termite" does in fact repel all round balls :rotf:

IMG_0371_1.jpg

Found....DRT

:shocked2: DAMN! a face that could stop a [strike]clock,......train [/strike] A ROUNDBALL!! :shocked2:

Jethro--Thanks for taking all the guff! I'll buy you a fermented beverage or 10 at Friendship in June!

This was just fun..I think if I was to build a base to hold the 2x4 it would have split sooner--and smart like the Polish person I am I glued the white paper to the wood...DAH!!!!
I will never win any ribbons for off hand shooting..I stink..only dry balled once..only loaded just powder twice :youcrazy: I was distracting myself with the laughter. You guys are gonna have fun with this one.

It's that last sliver of wood that ate the most lead!

makeumsmoke said:
this was a blast! 15 deg. 10 mph tail wind--sunny
I have a shooting berm behind that is wide open marsh...taking the 62 cal Renegade out tomorrow!

I'm thinkin you had an advantage. Shootin at a frozen board with a tail wind. Not to mention that cannon you wuz using. :rotf:

Back