• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What kind of stuff do you all read?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently reading "Hell I was there", by Elmer Keith. And I haven't missed an issue of Fur Fish and Game in about 2 years.

I read anything from Dostoevsky to Stephen Hunter (Bob Lee Swagger). History, fiction, if it catches my interest I read it. My B.A. was English Lit. Right now I'm reading Kenneth Roberts series of novels on American history. I'm up to Rabble In Arms. I've finished Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch series, all of David Baldacci's novels, and after I finish Roberts I'm going to re-read Jack Whyte's 9 volume set of the Arthurian Legend, The Camulod Chronicles. If you like King Arthur I recommend it. It's written from an historical standpoint, no magic, knights in armor, etc. Merlin is a former Roman commander left behind when Rome leaves Britain, Arthur is the son of Uther, a Welsh chieftain, etc. Excalibur was forged from a meteorite which gives of a ringing sound when struck. It's historically possible but still fiction of course.

I found that I'm not the avid reader that I once was.What used to be some of my favorite magazines are getting "annoying" trying to read the smaller print.

Finished "Of MIce and Men" a short while ago and have started "Desert God" by Wilber Smith. I like Wilber Smith's books and have read several of them.

I don't buy books! All my reading is done through Kindle at Amazon! Lots of good historical material available and some Mountain Man stuff that is no charge!
Almost all of my reading is on Kindle due to eye disease. But not everything I want to read is free. And I do not begrudge that. Intellectual property rights are a real thing. We should respect them even if the chinese and others routinely steal them.

I found that I'm not the avid reader that I once was.What used to be some of my favorite magazines are getting "annoying" trying to read the smaller print.
I can sympathize. Between macular degeneration and vision loss from a detached retina repair reading is not the easy pleasure it once was. But it is still a pleasure I just have to work harder to enjoy it.

I read all the wilbur smith and stephen hunter stuff back in the day. every single Louie Lamour book. etc. These days I mostly read Non fiction.

Starting this one tonight.

Attachments

• 20230628_000157.jpg
    20230628_000157.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Just finished Savage Kingdom; The Story of Jamestown,1607, and the Settling of America by Benjamin Woolley.

Will start Nathaniel Philbrick's Mayflower tonight, if I can keep my eyes open. I enjoyed his In the Heart of the Sea and Sea of Glory a lot, so looking forward to this one.

Currently, Captians Courageous, A Cook’s Tour and Leaves of Grass.
The book was better than the movie. I’ve said that so many times however Captians Courageous the Spencer Tracy movie was what I first saw. I so enjoy the movie and the book.
Godfather is my favorite movie, I enjoyed the book but it was just so and so
Some books just can’t be made in to movies at all

The book was better than the movie. I’ve said that so many times however Captians Courageous the Spencer Tracy movie was what I first saw. I so enjoy the movie and the book.

Spencer Tracy’s best movie. :)

Totally agree tho.

Yes. I noticed no one doing a remake of the 1956 movie "Ten Commandments".

Back