• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hudson's Bay Camp Knives

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strong work, my friend! I’m glad you found the answer. Patience and persistence pay.

Enjoy your smoke!

Notchy Bob
I remember reading somewhere awhile back that the late great "Blue Jacket " Sanders found a knife that looked like the H.B. camp knife stamped Sublette and Campbell
They supplied rendezvous after their trapping days were over. Sublette died in 1845 I think and Campbell went on to be a millionaire.

I remember reading somewhere awhile back that the late great "Blue Jacket " Sanders found a knife that looked like the H.B. camp knife stamped Sublette and Campbell
They supplied rendezvous after their trapping days were over. Sublette died in 1845 I think and Campbell went on to be a millionaire.
So...maybe that style of knife first appeared in 1830's or 40's.

This one came from Germany before I was ever born, I've had it for a dozen years it's been through several sheaths and has butchered a heap an split a lot of kindling for fires

Attachments

• IMG_20240113_165320_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240113_165320_HDR.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
This one is always reminded me of those trade knives I seen in the museums,
they were likely copied off of the so-called 'western bowie' that was made back in the mid 1900s.
These were imported by Pakistan, later made in Brazil,

This is one of my favorite knives, I've used enjoyed light steel knives most of my life.
I've chopped down entire trees with it an
It'll butcher out any critter.

descendants of the frontier knife.

I sometimes wonder if the knife that james bowie is so famous for , was actually a Hudson's Bay knife ?

Attachments

• IMG_20240113_175923_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240113_175923_HDR.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Recent article in latest Muzzlloader mag about their trek across the west in winter to supply a rendevous. In fact it was this very article in which it states due to hardship they ate their pack dog, that i was admonished for by many dog lovers telling me nobody would ever eat their dog.
You’ll eat your best friend (human) if you’re starving.

Having known Blue Jacket well, I would say that knife stood a very good chance of being an excellent fake!

My $0.02:
Howdy folks:.
Thanks to Notchy Bob's tireless assistance, I'm building one of these. I have the blade done, and the Black Buffalo horn scales, but I can't figure out how to make the "eyes" for the handle? If I can ever get/find them, I'm going to finish this knife.
Thank you for letting me in.:~)))
God bless:
Two Feathers

Latest posts

Back