• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shootin' Contest Round 3 June

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bakeoven Bill said:
Personally, I prefer to think of myself as a Pangaen separatist. (Obscure geographical reference)

Don't see that place on my Atlas Bakeoven.... :wink:

Your part right, but we all are American. Your just Canadian American an I use to be U.S. American, but now I'm Calmexican?? :hmm:

I know whatcha mean about the wind and the heat. The winds are dying down here, but the heat is kicking in hard. I shoot in the desert and it's all white sand. Talk about baking in a hurry! I've been in Texas for most of my life and I still haven't gotten used to the heat.

So, whatcha tossin' in that smoker? Sounds good just thinking about it. I just prepped mine for the season. I have 2 gunshows back to back, so I won't have time to use it till afterwards, but I'm thinking a brisket and some beef ribs are on the menu then.

If the weather holds, I'm going to try and take my shot early next week.

fat jack said:
Your part right, but we all are American. Your just Canadian American an I use to be U.S. American, but now I'm Calmexican?? :hmm:
Nope. 'Canadian American' refers to a person of Canadian descent who is a US citizen, just as 'Irish American' or 'Italian American' means one of Irish or Italian descent who is now a US citizen. 'U.S. American' has no common meaning. I understand your attempt at a definition based on a geographical term, but as a political term it's not commonly recognized and therefore without meaning to most US citizens. US citizens who do not wish to who or cannot accurately describe their lineage with one modifier use the term 'American' almost universally to refer to their homeland allegiance; none of the residents of the three north American continent countries use the term 'North American' to designate their homeland. It's a political term, not a geographic one, and shouldn't be used as such.

Anyhow......(How did we get off on this topic)I think we should keep this thread to just strictly Drinking Beer.....Er...I mean the Duel :wink:
Even though the Best Suds are brewed right here in Canada :blah:

Y'all argue 'bout who's a drunken-American all weekend if ya want to. Maybe even shoot it out. :hmm: :haha:
See ya Monday, I'm leavin' for Friendship. :grin:

fat jack said:
I'll drink to that!!!! :rotf: :rotf:
:grin: :grin: :grin: ...........WE GOT PROFESSIONALS UP HERE!!! :rotf: :rotf:
bobanddoug.jpg

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Ah Bob and Doug and Molson Canadian beer....true Canadians for sure. I have a copy of their movie but my "American" wife just thought they were silly..........I guess only Canadians and "Canadian Americans" can appreciate good drinking humour.

Hey Plink, I thought about shooting yesterday but by the time I got all my snakes killed and had some time it was already 97 degrees with a wind. Maybe I'll give it a try this morning. As for the smoker, brisket and ribs.......you called it.

jethro224 said:
Y'all argue 'bout who's a drunken-American all weekend if ya want to. Maybe even shoot it out. :hmm: :haha:
See ya Monday, I'm leavin' for Friendship. :grin:

Well,
Have a good weekend Jeffro! :thumbsup:

Halftail said:
Well,
I hate to interupt all this Beer Guzzling but Flaming Canvas I shot at you Saturday Morning!But,Not to be outdone I went on and did some Guzzleling Of that Powerfull Canadian Beer Saturday night so you guys wouldn't think I had anything against Drinking. :wink:

Halftail,

Ye best be ducking. I sent a ball yer way this morning. Not much to worry about with that shot.

flaming canvas said:
Halftail said:
Well,
I hate to interupt all this Beer Guzzling but Flaming Canvas I shot at you Saturday Morning!But,Not to be outdone I went on and did some Guzzleling Of that Powerfull Canadian Beer Saturday night so you guys wouldn't think I had anything against Drinking. :wink:

Halftail,

Ye best be ducking. I sent a ball yer way this morning. Not much to worry about with that shot.

Flaming,
I'll just hang around here and wait for it to strike.Hope it don't hurt! :grin:

It ain't just the Canadians that find that movie hilarious. I think it's one of the funniest movies of all times.

Hopin' to get out and take my shot tomorrow. Looks like the wind is going to cooperate finally.

Plink said:
It ain't just the Canadians that find that movie hilarious. I think it's one of the funniest movies of all times.

Hopin' to get out and take my shot tomorrow. Looks like the wind is going to cooperate finally.

The old original series on SCTV of "Bob and Doug" was the funniest.I think.Did you guys have them "Stubby" Beer Bottles?They was what Beer came in when I was a Boy...Still find once in awhile one,here and there.

Halftail said:
flaming canvas said:
Halftail said:
Well,

Halftail,

Flaming,

The way I flinched that one, it probably went to Saskatchwan.

I just got back from Friendship. Had a good trip. Saw lotsa sights, met some good people. :thumbsup:

We have one finished match;

Fresh meat bracket:
Still Healthy...............Wounded
Halftail 1.562".............flaming canvas 2.403"

flaming canvas said:
Halftail said:
flaming canvas said:
Halftail said:
Well,

Halftail,

Flaming,

The way I flinched that one, it probably went to Saskatchwan.

You mighta hit Saskatchewan,
but I think it bounced once in Northern New Brunswick then again in Ontario. :hatsoff:
It's Been a good Duel Flaming,especially all the beer drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back