• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PSA caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Walmart in Central Alabama is stocking PB accessories this week. They have 20 packs of caps on the shelf. NOW the price from last year has increased 30 cents from last year, but they have them nonetheless priced reasonable.
20230720_165151.jpg
20230720_165158.jpg
20230720_165209.jpg

The guy stocking said, these are all we have and we will probably not get anymore. He also said if the stuff doesn't sell they may not stock next year. So check your local Walmart or any you may pass by for caps. Last year I found some at some very random stores. One Walmart in Tampa, FL had them on a top self over fishing gear. Still in the shipping box. They didn't know what they were so left them in the box.
No, I didn't buy them all.
The date on the bar code is 07/13/23 so store have been putting them out all week.
Show the clerk in sporting goods the bar code and he can usually tell you the closest store with some in stock. A little tip there for ya!

$5.62 for a tin of percussion caps?!?!? Holy cow. Empty the peg and buy them all.

No .... that wouldn't be right .... it'd be hoarding.

Do it anyway.

They're $11 a tin at my local Scheel's.

At my local Wally World this week they changed the price from last year's $5.32 to $5.62 but didn't put any out yet. Just changed the price tag on the hook. I hate going in there but I am keeping an eye on it. I don't think they put any out that sold out because there were 24 cans of Pyrodex there,, the same number as the week before. Usually they only get about ten cans of that and it is gone within 24 hours. None that I can tell has moved so, when they stock the caps, I'm hoping to beat the crowd and get 3-5 tins. Probably go ahead and pick up a couple pounds of the P too. I know, I like real black better too, but nobody around here sells it and my cap guns all run on it just fine. And I don't want to pay crazy shipping and hazmat fees to order the real thing...

Ah yes. the yearly restock of muzzleloader caps in July, right before they put out the Christmas trees next week. Ice fishing lures come out next month.

Got me a few tins at my local Wally World, the guy told me they don't sell very well , everyone is after the 209 primers o_O

Latest posts

Back