• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PSA.... Check your local Walmart.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went to Walmart today and on a hunch, decided to go check sporting goods.

I was surprised to see the muzzle loading display up already. And I almost went into shock when I saw CCI number 11 percussions caps stocked on the shelf. I resisted the urge to be "that guy" and panic by every one of them...

I was even more surprised to see that they were only $5 and some change for the standard 100 count tin. I ended up only buying three of them because I already have around 700 caps.

So I guess the rumors about CCI going into production in June are true. Does look like brand new stock to me.

I don't know if Walmart does their own thing in each store as far as when they set up the display.... But I'm in Southwest Florida.

So get out there and check your Walmart and remember to leave a few for the other poor bastards who can't find any.

I still can't hardly believe I found them!

Our local Walmarts get more and more woke. One of them still sells firearms and ammunition (except 9mm or 5.56 cause....you know.....evil).

Never see any caps or pyrodex.
Over the last several years.... Ours has stopped selling pistol ammo, and even BB and pellet pistols.

They still sell long guns and rifle rounds and shotgun ammo.

Probably won't be long until those things disappear here.

Makes me wonder if they were in warehouse from previous years 🤔
They appear to be new stock.

It was recently mentioned on a YouTube video by a person who had spoken with CCI Representatives.... That production would be going on in June of this year and we would be seeing these caps released to retailers in July and August and and The Fall season.

A lot of the manufacturers did not focus on percussion caps during the pandemic. The increased demand for regular ammunition was to blame.

They're only made seasonally to begin with. Evidently a production line has to be shut down and retooled to produce them. So they are made in limited runs per year based upon demand.

But it was reported that CCI was aware of the increased demand in recent years for these caps and responded accordingly.

I am hoping Remington and the others will follow suit.

Last edited:
Nothing here yet, checked today, but thanks for heads up, will recheck soon.
Try finding someone around sporting goods who seems like they should know about stock issues and try to press them for information and see when they might get them?

All you can do is get a blank look, but you might get some useful information from someone.

Last edited:
7 tins on the shelf here recently......

356181759_226057280339781_2595806366501652502_n.jpg

So get out there and check your Walmart and remember to leave a few for the other poor bastards who can't find any.

The local Walmart usually stocks muzzleloader stuff in August. Last year that store had #11 caps for <than $5. Told one hunter Walmart had the things and he went into a rant and refused visit Walmart.

Close to deer season i received a text message from the same guy asking me for #11 caps. i never responded to his text message or his phone calls.

Latest posts

Back