• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PSA.... Check your local Walmart.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve got right at 700 #11 caps. I even have about 400#10 caps. I’m not gonna buy any as I have moved on to flintlocks. I’ll spend my money on flints and powder.

Hi, yes! I will be going to visit friends in York soon, and I will be up at Dixon's soon as well. I live very near Philly, so you can figure there's very little in the way of shooting stuff at wally's around here. Although they have a good air gun shelf, and I was able to find 16 ga. shotshells there! Not a lot of demand for that gauge, so that was a surprise. I will be stopping at any and all wally's I see out around beautiful York and Adams Co.; (Gettysburg!) I became a fan of the York County style rifles once my life-long pal moved out there when he married. The horns and rifles are real nice, and BTW Cabin Creek Muzzleloading is near York off Rt. 30; they're always at the Gunmaker's Fair. Thanks!
I had a really nice Schimmel that need some work and Brad at cabin creek fixed it right up. The wally's in east york is my local. Not a lot historical to see here in York. Indian Steps Museum, Harley factory, There are some interesting things about the river at the Susquehanna center in Columbia on the east side of the river. Wrightsville is right across, that is where the Federals burned the bridge in 1863 to keep the Rebs from crossing the river. The original boundary between Maryland and Pennsylvania was supposed to be just a mile of two south of Wrightsville. About 1730, A guy named Cresap was sent by Maryland to throw the Pennsylvanians off the went shore of the River and the resulting disputes and fighting was called Cresap's war.

Went and check last night at the local Wally World, but nothing. They did have True Oil Gunstock Finish clearance at $2.50 a bottle, so I picked up a few of those.

I use the CCI caps on my .54 Renegade with no issues. Same with my collection of Remington caps. Have you tried changing your nipple out?
Yes i did i put the musket nipple in it. Have no troubles now. I picked up 3 tins CCI from maulmart in Paducah, Ky. $5.62 each. Neither Lebanon nor Mtn. Grove, Mo. had any ML stuff displayed yet.

I had a really nice Schimmel that need some work and Brad at cabin creek fixed it right up. The wally's in east york is my local. Not a lot historical to see here in York. Indian Steps Museum, Harley factory, There are some interesting things about the river at the Susquehanna center in Columbia on the east side of the river. Wrightsville is right across, that is where the Federals burned the bridge in 1863 to keep the Rebs from crossing the river. The original boundary between Maryland and Pennsylvania was supposed to be just a mile of two south of Wrightsville. About 1730, A guy named Cresap was sent by Maryland to throw the Pennsylvanians off the went shore of the River and the resulting disputes and fighting was called Cresap's war.
My pal's wife works at the Harley plant. He's a major collector of old Harley's, having been a judge at their meets, etc. She's in QC and does gigs with a country music band at local haunts.

Found some today at Walmart in High Ridge, MO. It's amazing they haven't jacked up the price on these yet.
IMG_20230715_151915.jpg

As of 5:30 this evening, the Wally World on Bleachery Rd in Asheville had 10 or so tins of CCI #11's, 2 lbs of Pyrodex RS, and a small display of unmentionable BP supplies.

Caps were Hipster Town priced, though: $9.77 per tin.

But they were there...

As of 5:30 this evening, the Wally World on Bleachery Rd in Asheville had 10 or so tins of CCI #11's, 2 lbs of Pyrodex RS, and a small display of unmentionable BP supplies.

Caps were Hipster Town priced, though: $9.77 per tin.

But they were there...
They probably won't be by lunch time tomorrow

Just went through a 2 day multi email (multi employees involved) regarding the lack of caps throughout the SE. The first employee assured me they could be shipped through their fulfillment center. Then I get a second, third, fourth email asking if I was pleased with communication. The fifth email finally confirmed percussion caps cannot be shipped from the fulfillment center to customers or their local Walmart. Confirmed what I already knew, Walmart has gotten so big, they don’t know what they can or can’t do, but will send multiple emails asking about employee performance. My last email gave all a failing grade.

Things have gone crazy in the last few years as far as prices go. I can remember when I first started shooting ML I thought that .59 cents was a lot for a tin of caps was a lot. At that time there were several different brands also. I guess I'll have to get busy and make some more of my own.

This old blind squirrel found a nut today. Walmart in Wabash had CCI caps, $5.62 per 100, same price as last three years, no inflation here. Grabbed three tins and left about ten or so on the hook. These with what I got the last few years from there will outlast me, so I'm good for life. Never hurts to have enough to pass onto a new shooter or whoever takes my stuff when I'm gone. Also heard the Walmart in Rochester had them also, but as of yesterday nothing at the Warsaw store. Carry on.

Latest posts

Back