• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PSA.... Check your local Walmart.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to four different Walmart yesterday around Nashville. Scored at the fourth one and apparently, the caps are part of a fall “set” that takes the place of some summertime products (kids life jackets), and that display hasn’t been set up in all the Walmarts yet. I talked to an employee at a super Walmart on the edge of town, and he said it was due to go up on Friday.

I checked the two Wal-Marts nearest me yesterday. I was told that they didn't have any and didn't know if they would be getting any. I'm going to the next town south of here for something else later today so I will check with them. Dunham's Sports is next to our local Walmart so I checked there. They have CCI caps for $11.99.

Please, someone tell me, does Walmart only sell such items in rural locations? Anywhere near a "big city" you can only find air-gun stuff, which is fine, but I'm in SE PA and never see Caps. I do know they stock stores depending upon location and needs.
Where in SE PA?. I am near York and the east York WM gets caps in. Usually sold out, but I have seen them there. If you are in SE PA, you are only an hour from Dixon's Muzzle loaders.

Went to my local Wal-Mart yesterday and saw this. All the pegs had date codes for the day prior to my visit, so these will be filled with products soon. There are two pegs waiting on caps. NE Oklahoma:

Attachments

• 14FDAC38-E769-4C92-BECA-13225325E753.jpeg
    14FDAC38-E769-4C92-BECA-13225325E753.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
That’s interesting Billy. You are near Arcadia and Im in Seminole Co. just north of Orlando. I have been checking the local Wallyworlds here and nada. I’ll keep my 👀 open for them here.

I don’t remember when Mississippi legalized scoped single shot cartridge rifles (45/70, .35 Whelen, and other calibers) for primitive weapons season but when they did muzzleloading supplies went away not just in Walmart but everywhere. The rifles that look like your first little single shot shotgun sold like hotcakes and muzzleloaders went into closets and pawn shops so there was no $$$ in ML supplies.

Went to Walmart today and on a hunch, decided to go check sporting goods.

I was surprised to see the muzzle loading display up already. And I almost went into shock when I saw CCI number 11 percussions caps stocked on the shelf. I resisted the urge to be "that guy" and panic by every one of them...

I was even more surprised to see that they were only $5 and some change for the standard 100 count tin. I ended up only buying three of them because I already have around 700 caps.

So I guess the rumors about CCI going into production in June are true. Does look like brand new stock to me.

I don't know if Walmart does their own thing in each store as far as when they set up the display.... But I'm in Southwest Florida.

So get out there and check your Walmart and remember to leave a few for the other poor bastards who can't find any.

I still can't hardly believe I found them!
Well said, @SwampBilly !

Notchy Bob

Where in SE PA?. I am near York and the east York WM gets caps in. Usually sold out, but I have seen them there. If you are in SE PA, you are only an hour from Dixon's Muzzle loaders.
Hi, yes! I will be going to visit friends in York soon, and I will be up at Dixon's soon as well. I live very near Philly, so you can figure there's very little in the way of shooting stuff at wally's around here. Although they have a good air gun shelf, and I was able to find 16 ga. shotshells there! Not a lot of demand for that gauge, so that was a surprise. I will be stopping at any and all wally's I see out around beautiful York and Adams Co.; (Gettysburg!) I became a fan of the York County style rifles once my life-long pal moved out there when he married. The horns and rifles are real nice, and BTW Cabin Creek Muzzleloading is near York off Rt. 30; they're always at the Gunmaker's Fair. Thanks!

Went back to Walmart today and sure enough they are already sold out.

I did score me a nice brass 30 grain spout powder flask. I have 700 caps and I'm waiting on my 250 RWS caps to get here tomorrow.

And I really don't shoot all that often so I feel like I'm well stocked up for a while.

Latest posts

Back