• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CCI # 11 Caps on Sale

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t go to WallyWorld that often, but was there today and checked. The guy in front of me at the sporting goods counter said he wanted all the caps that were available and they rang him up. Then my old friend karma showed up. The customer’s plastic didn’t work for some reason. Told the clerk he had to go find his wife and get the checkbook. The clerk asked what I wanted and I pointed at the caps, and she said how many? I asked about the previous customer, and she told me he buys stuff all the time to sell at gun shows and not to worry. I felt a little guilty as I paid for all ten packs, but that went away as I was leaving the counter and saw the other customer headed back with his checkbook in hand. I didn’t really need them today, but that’s 10 packs some scalper will not be selling. And they won’t go to waste.
1690499727311.jpeg

1690499790388.jpeg

I usually just hear about deals like this.

The ol' Wally World Scalper, they not only hit Walmart but any of the large retail stores selling sporting goods. A couple of guys at my club wre notorious for staking out stores then reselling scare product during the various shortages we've all experienced. Good for you, beating a scalper to the punch. I have a good store of caps, primers, .22 cartridges, black powder and such and I can say I'm proud of the fact I've never tried to scalp anyone. Scalpers are scum.

I am making my own caps with the #10 & #11 & #1081 percussion cap maker kit, and I bet they are way better than Walmart caps. Most importantly, I am in control and always have musket caps on hand.

With the price of those things I may have to start making my own again. What are you using for priming mixture?

He bought them for a quarter of the price he’d have to give to the re-seller. That’s the difference.
how do you know he wont sell them for a high price? who would be dumb enough to pay 4 times as much at a gun show?

how do you know he wont sell them for a high price? who would be dumb enough to pay 4 times as much at a gun show?
Believe what you want, but I didn’t buy to resell. I’m the fool that will give a tin or two away because my parents taught us to share. Maybe not the smartest strategy in today’s world.

Caps sold out at $20 a tin at a local gun show my brother in law and I were at last month. Seems they put out few and say they are last they have…. they then replace once the first group are sold. Some of the sellers are known to run to the local WallyWorld to stock on some ammo and products during show.

The ‘WallyWorld Scalper’ has told the clerks what he does. They said he also clears the shelves of certain ammunition when it comes in. There is nothing left for the next guy after these turds come through.

Last edited:
Back