• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Longhunters vs Aliens!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How hard is it to kill them . . . do we need four head shots with a .72? or are they like a scared rabbit, and will they have a heart attack if the see the muzzle flash? :rotf:

I'm hoping to at least try to get my guns sighted in for those distances, as I only usually shoot my rifle at 50 yards . . . hope I can SEE the "X" at 100 . . . and my pistol, I have never shot past 10 yards . . .

How hard is it to kill them . . . do we need four head shots with a .72?

:idunno: They're aliens! Nobody really knows where their vitals are. :confused:
Or if they even HAVE heads. :confused:
I'm sure I don't know, but, in the words of Yosemite Sam, "III'm a-blastin'!"

Watch yer backs, they're trying to flank from the woods!

0814110934.jpg

Figured I'd post this pic of a target sent in to me as its a good example of what I want.

Had a couple shooter send in targets so far.

DSCN1302.jpg

I went out this morning!

I didn't see any aliens lurking about to take pot shots at, but . . . luckily I brought a few targets, and my boolit trap, (to collect my lead!) however I did forget my patch knife! :idunno: but I made my Swiss Army knife take over in this dire circumstance! :rotf:

I taped two calenders together to make a 21.75" X 24" high target, stapled some survey tape on . . . a pizza box will suffice . . . those are flys on the target . . .

LonghuntervsAliens1.jpg

LonghuntervsAliens2.jpg

100 yards is a long ways away . . . for my eyes . . . I hope the aliens need glasses, but forget to bring them with them! :rotf:

LonghuntervsAliens3.jpg

I decided to up my charge, as I usually shoot my .36 at 25-50 yards with 30 grains fffg, So . . . I decided 40 grains should help with the elevation . . . shot one shot . . . quite high! Was it me, or did it really go that high? I decided that I would drop it back down to my meager 30 grains, and hope that the aliens are thin skinned . . . these first three shots were rested . . . then I shot two more at 100 off hand . . . then I loaded up my replica Rem, charged up to 25 yard line and blasted the rotten buggers! there was lots of walking back and forth to inspect the target, since my sights are not adjustable . . . I tried to figure out the sights, but continued to confuse myself! :surrender: I had only one shot left, so I saved it for the target to submit!

One thing I noticed as I walked back and forth between the target and the 25 yard line . . . was my crisco was getting blown out of the cylinders!
LonghuntervsAliens4.jpg

I shot 5 shots at the 100 yard line, first 3 were rested . . . then 5 from the revolver . . .
LonghuntervsAliens6.jpg

I'll tell you this . . . On the real one, I kinda messed up . . . I'm sorry guys . . . It was nice knowing you . . . :blah: I hope you do better, and can recover for my poor showing . . .

Swampy, I'll send you the picture of the "real" target . . . you can post it if you want . . .

I did have a misfire on the practice sight in round with the revolver . . . I had not seated the cap all the way!

Am I to understand an aliens kill zone is 2ft X 2ft? All hits count? That doesn't sound too hard (knock on wood). I'll give it a shot (or 4).

No, the 2' X 2' if for people like me ... So one can see if maybe you got an ear or little finger ... Get them as close to the middle as possible.

Jethro224 said:
How hard is it to kill them . . . do we need four head shots with a .72?

:idunno: They're aliens! Nobody really knows where their vitals are. :confused:
Or if they even HAVE heads. :confused:
I'm sure I don't know, but, in the words of Yosemite Sam, "III'm a-blastin'!"

I heard yodelin' will 'splode their heads! :shocked2:

Hey Swampy how do I send you the pic of my target. Or do you just want the distance from center of target to each shot? This was fun shooting this. It is gonna help me with my confidence to take the 100 yard shots at deer now.

Rifle Shooters - two shots at 100 yards and two shots at 75 yards, off hand.

Skunkskinner - Captain
123.DieselBenz
T.O
Grey Whiskers
Paul/KS
Mike Brines
Armakiller
Hockeyref
Lonehunter
Mcsteinscamp
Lonegun1894
Chance

Smoothbore Shooters - two shots at 50 yards, off hand.

Roy - Captain
Stumpkiller
Jethro
Swampy
RC
Grzrob
Caddo
Deadeye

SO, them dang-nabbit aliens are at it again, huh? Not in MY backyard, no way!!! :bull: :cursing:

Count me in to heed the call to duty Swampy, Sir!

Please align me with our rifled barrel comrades as I plan to dole out some .445 caliber enemas that are out of this world! Flintlock style. :wink:

You smoothbore boys ready yourselves and don't shoot 'til ya see the whites, er....greens(?), of their eyes!

What's an E.T. shoulder mount costing these days anyhow? :idunno:

Skychief :thumbsup:

PS: Let's keep an eye on the feller born during that asteroid strike...he may be an infiltrator. :hmm:

Count me in for the smoothbore shooters. Time to give'm some. What's the bounty on green skelps? BJH

Skunkskinner - Captain
123.DieselBenz
T.O
Grey Whiskers
Paul/KS
Mike Brines
Armakiller
Hockeyref
Lonehunter
Mcsteinscamp
Lonegun1894
Chance
Skychief
B.Habermehl

Roy - Captain
Stumpkiller
Jethro
Swampy
RC
Grzrob
Caddo
Deadeye

Skunkskinner - Captain
123.DieselBenz
T.O
Grey Whiskers
Paul/KS
Mike Brines
Armakiller
Hockeyref
Lonehunter
Mcsteinscamp
Lonegun1894
Chance
Skychief
B.Habermehl
Necchi

Roy - Captain
Stumpkiller
Jethro
Swampy
RC
Grzrob
Caddo
Deadeye

Skunkskinner - Captain
123.DieselBenz
T.O
Grey Whiskers
Paul/KS
Mike Brines
Armakiller
Hockeyref
Lonehunter
Mcsteinscamp
Lonegun1894
Chance
Skychief
Necchi

Roy - Captain
Stumpkiller
Jethro
Swampy
RC
Grzrob
Caddo
Deadeye
B.Habermehl

Latest posts

Back