• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Longhunters vs Aliens!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
They are coming!!

Ok, I'm thinkin on how to do this if theres interest. Got a good idea and should be fun and give us some laughs.

I'll be needing Rifle shooters for the front line. You will be required to shoot two shots at 100 yards on a 2'x 2' target and two shots at 75 yards on a 2'x 2' target.

I'll be needing Smoothbore shooters for the second line. (multiple projectiles accepted) you will be required to shoot two shots at a 2'x 2' target at 50 yards.

Everybody that has one gets to shoot a pistol as a last resort. Cock your pistols and shoot one shot at a 2'x 2' target at 25 yards.

You need to pick one or the other, rifle shooter or smoothbore shooter, you can't do both. All shooter who have a pistol, any pistol can use one.

I ask that shots be taken "cold", that is, just take your shots and record what happened. There is no scoring like other shoots and no one is shooting against each other, your all working together to survive. If you experience any misfires, please say so! A misfire (dud cap, flash in pan, dry ball etc) all count as a shot taken. I won't be able to spin a story if everyone hits dead center...

Anyone who can use a camera to take a pic of your target and send to me via email would be the best way to do this. Anyone else just send me an email with your shot placement measured in inches from the center of the target.

This is just a fun shoot with hopefully a story at the end of what happened and how it happened. With the help of the Captains I'll be able to spin a yarn. So if you want to help me do that and have a laugh at the end, sign up!

Before anyone shoots, I need to know who is shooting and with what so I know the ranks, whos standing side by side scared to death at the Aliens running towards you!

The Aliens will over run your camp Sept 30th!
[email protected]

I'm in. :thumbsup:

Flintlock, .50, rifle.

And a Queen Ann pistol....if i can find two screws to hold the lock in.... my daughter lost them some were in Iowa :idunno:

What is so hard? If you choose to shoot a rifle you will shoot a total of 4 shots 2 each at a certain distance. If you choose a smoothbore you will shoot 2 shots at a certain distance. After that if you choose to, you can shoot 1 shot from a pistol at a certain distance. Nothing difficult about it at all. Course, if you don't want to join in, thats fine you don't have to.

If we can keep them on a 8.5" X 11" piece of paper ... Do we still need to try and find a four foot (4') square target?

I assume this is all off hand?

You can count me in too! .36 rifle, and 44 revolver ...

4 ft by 4 ft? I was thinking 4 inch by 4 inch at 100 yds. I was picturing having to shoot 10 times to get 2 shots inside a target that small.
Put me in 45 caliber flint rifle

I have only shot the 100 yd distance once and the wind was blowing terrible. I was not that impressed, but I am willing to try again.

The purpose of a big target is because not everyone is going to hit it dead center and I'll be looking for kills and woundings. I suppose we could go with 2'x2' targets instead if 4x4 is to big. :hmm:

And probably complete misses too, unless these are squatty little aliens ... :rotf:

I have some desk calendars I can tape together, although being 16" X 24" I'll just try two to start with ... Powders cheap!

I have a bunch of these desk calendars ... If somebody needs two pages/monthes, let me know.

I and my Bess will stand with Stumpy on the smoothbore line. I'll back that up with a .54 flint pistol if the critters keep a-comin'!

We're gonna need some clarification on the "multiple projectiles" from the smoothies. How many? What size? How do we score?

Can be rocks in a blunderbuss if you want. :haha:

For all other smoothbores I was thinkin if anyone wanted to load a load of buck shot or buck and ball, that would be fine or they could just shoot a ball.

Also, I had Jethro change the target sizes to 2'x2' to make things a bit easier.

Umm ok, sure we can have one possibly "stung" Alien and very upset because of it....so sure if anyone wants to shoot a load of bird shot, be my guest. :haha:

Question is, will any of you survive.... :hmm:

Sounds like a good movie title! :hmm:

Put me in the rifle catagory. I'll shoot one of my pistols too unless the aliens capture me and start running experiments on me. :shocked2: GW

Ok, starting to shape up.

Rifle Shooters - two shots at 100 yards and two shots at 75 yards, off hand.

Skunkskinner Captain
123.DieselBenz
T.O
Grey Whiskers

Smoothbore Shooters - two shots at 50 yards, off hand.

Roy Captain
Stumpkiller
Jethro
Swampy

Back