• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Longhunters vs Aliens!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So ... Do we use one sheet of paper for all the shots, and just mark which is 100 yards and 75 yards?

For me anyways the 451 RB from my pistol will be easy to see the difference from the puny .35 RB!

I've never shot my .36 past 50 yards ... I'm fairly confident that I can hit the paper ... Just not sure how much knock down power it will have at 100 yards ... May just irritate the rotten buggers! :rotf:

Come on, we need some more shooters signed up ... !

When are we gonna get to know the rest of the plot? How do we win?

May just irritate the rotten buggers!

Long as they die on their side of the fence. :haha:

Hey, waight a minute! If it's distance from center and someone throws out a cloud of #2, that will add up to 756 inches!

{Keep yer pie hole shut Stumpy, ye might not be tail-end this time!}

:hmm: ?? birdshot at 50 yds..........?

I'll shoot smoothie round ball at 50 yards twice....I got me a pistol but flints don't fit it ...??? :idunno: so thats out.... :haha:

yer a sick man swampy..too many late nite puter games!
:blah:

He said "any pistol" so you can light off the pan with a kitchen match. We'll let 'ya.

No, wait a minute, you're on our team. Better hang onto it for a club as a last ditch. I'll being a 'hawk and a long knife.

I think that Captain Swampy has been watching episodes of Falling Skies lately... :hmm:

Reckon I'll try the rifle gun and the pistol.
You want me to scalp em when I'm done...? :wink:

123.DieselBenz said:
So ... Do we use one sheet of paper for all the shots, and just mark which is 100 yards and 75 yards?

For me anyways the 451 RB from my pistol will be easy to see the difference from the puny .35 RB!

I've never shot my .36 past 50 yards ... I'm fairly confident that I can hit the paper ... Just not sure how much knock down power it will have at 100 yards ... May just irritate the rotten buggers! :rotf:

Come on, we need some more shooters signed up ... !

When are we gonna get to know the rest of the plot? How do we win?

As long as you point out which are the 100 yard shots and the 75 yard shots, I guess it don't really matter.

Another thing, I want you guys to shoot your shots cold. That is, take your shots and be done with it. Don't shoot then say oh I can do better than that and shoot until you have a better target...that defeats the whole spirit of the shoot. Set your targets up and shoot, if your on paper, fine, if not, thats fine too. :thumbsup:

oh thats good swampy! first two shots out of smoothie at 50...!
great the I'll walk up 25 yds and shoot 3 times for flint/percussion contest...at a blank page..lol..

should use hunting load......with lubed patch..seems to work well fer first shot :hatsoff:

That right there is just responsible use of resources RC. Saving paper saves trees. You are a true steward of our planet. :bow:

:haha:

RC said:
:hmm: ?? birdshot at 50 yds..........?

Well, the National Enquisiter said these aliens are really thin, kinda like cardboard. So I figger they'd penetrate easy. :idunno:

Theres been a question about scoring and whos shooting against who. I just want the results of your targets people, there is no scoring like past shoots and no one is shooting against anyone else. You all are together in a camp which is under attack by Aliens and trying to survive. There are two Captains yes but you are all working together.

I'm in, flintlock rifle .50 cal. watch out Aliens, the Longhunters are going to skin ya out and sell ya fer buckskins!

armakiller said:
I'm in, flintlock rifle .50 cal. watch out Aliens, the Longhunters are going to skin ya out and sell ya fer buckskins!

finally! we discover where POLLYESTHER comed from! skinned aliens!
:shocked2:

Ok, starting to shape up.

Rifle Shooters - two shots at 100 yards and two shots at 75 yards, off hand.

Skunkskinner Captain
123.DieselBenz
T.O
Grey Whiskers
Paul/KS
Mike Brines
Armakiller

Smoothbore Shooters - two shots at 50 yards, off hand.

Roy Captain
Stumpkiller
Jethro
Swampy
RC

Btw, if all you guys hit dead center on every shot, I'm not going to have much of a yarn to spin here. If any of you experience a miss fire for any reason, that counts as a shot! Flash in the pan, dud cap, dry ball etc. So let me know about those things too.

So ... Basically ... We shoot our targets, and you weave that into a tale of how we do in a confrontation with the enemy, is that right?

I hope they like lead balls, cuz they got a bunch of them headed there way! :rotf: sure gonna be a cloud of smoke to confuse them, and there lousy laser guns!

Come on, we need more than just the dirty dozen we have signed up so far, help save our planet! Grab your gun, and get ready to shoot them rotten buggers! :blah:

This isn't timed is it? :idunno:

Ok... I'll join ya... even though my daughters say I'm an alien 'cuz I was born at the same time that "object" crashed in Kecksburg PA..... Seriously, within probably a half hour or so from what I hear... :idunno:

Sure Hope I'm not shooting my RIFLE at some of my cousins!

Back