• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Forum War! U.S. vs The World (part two)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the happy birthday wishes guys. :grin:
I hope to get a stack of targets instead of birthday cards... :wink:

The War Is Over...

01aaakisss.jpg

Time to bring the boys back home and tally up the score. (we will allow a few days for straggling targets in the mail to make it to the base camps for scoring)

Swampy said:
Did I win!? :grin:

We have to wait a few days for the mail, just in case there are some targets in route.

However, don't throw away those forum war bonds just yet. :wink: :grin:

Soggy said:
Swampy said:

winner.jpg

EVERYBODY who went shootin', had fun, and played the game! :grin: :hatsoff:

While the scores have yet to be announced, The War Is Over! We fought hard and shot well... mostly...

Tho some killing was done, it was done with honor.
"They died hard, those savage men - like wounded wolves at bay. They were filthy, and they were lousy, and they stunk. And I loved them."(MacArthur)

"Old soldiers never die; they just fade away. And like the old soldier in that ballad, I now close my military career and just fade away, an old soldier who tried to do his duty as God gave him the sight to see that duty." (MacArthur again)

Thanks to everyone who participated. It was fun being the "General" for a while. :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Swampy said:

:hmm: Looks like you have to wear a Navy-dress to win all.. :haha:

However, it was great fun. And whoever may win, our forum and it´s members are great! :thumbsup:
I´m glad to have this place and my friends here. :hatsoff:

I know who won, but I cannot tell just yet... :blah: :rotf:

Actually, we had another score just come in, and it was post marked in time to count. :thumbsup:

Skychief said:
Oh...the suspense of it all !!!! When do you think the final tally of this war will be posted? Inquiring minds want to know. :confused:

CopyofSuspense_UltColl.jpg

Skychief said:
Oh...the suspense of it all !!!! When do you think the final tally of this war will be posted? Inquiring minds want to know. :confused:

The results are in...

General Jethro's side:(TEAM USA)

GENERAL JETHRO224 KILL 39
MAD IRISH JACK O'DONNELL KILL 61.02
MANY KLATCH KILL 20.55
JIM/OH KILL 17.63
GREY WHISKERS KILL 16.12
FYRFYTER43 KILL 19.5
BURIPITY KILL 62.14
BUCKTALES KILL 18.5
SWAMPY KILL 32.89
JIMMYTHESHANK KILL 21.13
HUNTIN' DAWG KILL 44.29
RODS KILL 11.45
SKYCHIEF KILL 22.69
GRZROB KILL 35.59
BOOMER500 WOUND 88.64
BREECHPLUG WOUND 104.12
BAKEOVENBILL WOUND 104.14
RC WOUND 111.65
ROBERT ILIFF WOUND 153.46
Bluebuck56 - WOUND - 118.47mm

General Soggy's side: (TEAM WORLD)

GENERAL SOGGY KILL 34.92
ROMEOH KILL 26
KIRRMEISER KILL 21
GUNGEEK KILL 53
SILVER FOX KILL 46
GREEN HORN KILL 57
MOUNTAINMAN 56 KILL 28
HALFTAIL KILL 29
SQUIRE ROBIN KILL 63

Team World: 9 KILLS

Team USA: 14 KILLS - 6 WOUNDED

(per the rules, every three wounds equals one kill so the Team USA ends up with a grand total of 16 KILLS)

The winner is TEAM USA with 16 kills!!! :thumbsup:

I would like to thank everyone for playing and making all the fun replies, it was a lot of fun. :hatsoff:

A special thanks for Soggy and Jethro224 for stepping up to the plate and being our Generals, we couldn't have done it without you two guys. :thumbsup:

WOO-HOO! US Rules!

Thank you, Musketman, for keeping track of all the shootin'. :hatsoff:

General Soggy, you and your Army were most worthy opponents. :thumbsup: Now send us them cookies. :haha:

Now let's all enjoy World Peace... until next time... :wink:

:thumbsup:

Looks like we need to drill RC and a few others in the proper use of their guns. :haha: :blah:

Holy crapola, I am now officially the worst shot in the world :rotf:

GENERAL SOGGY KILL 34.92
ROMEOH KILL 26
KIRRMEISER KILL 21
GUNGEEK KILL 53
SILVER FOX KILL 46
GREEN HORN KILL 57
MOUNTAINMAN 56 KILL 28
HALFTAIL KILL 29
SQUIRE ROBIN KILL 63

I wouldn't feel to bad Squire, I'm sure it ain't easy to hit a small piece of paper with one of your cannons. :haha:

Swampy said:
:thumbsup:

Looks like we need to drill RC and a few others in the proper use of their guns. :haha: :blah:

:redface: I used an OLD gun....shoulda used a stroh! gee that gun used to be great! then I went CUSTOM!!!! :grin:
wait'll next time! :wink: asides if'n ya jus wound em...ya get to shoot'em twice more! :haha:

It really was a kick reading some of the good-natured jibes being tossed about during the recent "hostilities". Thanks guys for a lot of laughs!

Something is bothering me though, and perhaps y'all can help me figure this all out. The good ol' U.S. of A. team had 20 shooters and managed a total of 16 "kills", for an average of 0.8 "kills" per shooter. The "Also Ran" team consisted of only 9 shooters yet managed to get 9 "kills", an average 1.0 per shooter. Seems to me all them furriners is better shots than us guys on a per-shooter basis. :redface:

Do we need more practice? :grin:

I shall now don my Nomex fire-resistant suit, retreat to my underground bunker in an undisclosed location, and await the inevitable and well-deserved loads of cannister and grapeshot cast haphazardly in my direction.

Acorn Mush said:
I shall now don my Nomex fire-resistant suit, retreat to my underground bunker in an undisclosed location, and await the inevitable and well-deserved loads of cannister and grapeshot cast haphazardly in my direction.

I wouldn't bother. It didn't work for Saddam Hussain. :rotf:

Technically we (The World Army) got our butts kicked; but I think we were all winners and I would like to thank ;
ROMEOH
KIRRMEISER
GUNGEEK
SILVER Fox
GREEN HORN
HalfTail
Squire Robin'
and especially Mountainman 56 (that took balls :rotf: )
For your participation and support.
Now that the war is over and you fellows will surley be looking for employment as you return to civilian life. I would like to offer each one of you a position as instructor in the about to open "Soggy's Percision Shooting Acadamy" I expect there will be a large enrollment from south of the border , from places like Jordanville N.Y. ;Indiana;Orygun Territory;Wyoming;North Carolina;and Iowa, just to mention a few......... :rotf:
Also I would like to thank Jethro224 and Musketman for comming up with the idea for this shoot and all the work that went into organizing it.........THANKS FELLARS... :hatsoff:
General Soggy (rtd.) :hatsoff:

Good shootin' "Team-World"! Our cyber-war was a grueling affair to say the least. Your marksmanship was truly impressive. The only thing left to say is............................

..........WE WIN! :blah: :blah: :blah: :rotf: :rotf: :blah: :rotf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back