• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

September 2023 Postal Match Target - Let's Go Bowling!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

U.S. BOWLING LEAGUE DAY – September 3​

Since September 3, is the widely celebrated US Bowling League day, I decided a bowling target would be appropriate for September.

Two ways to shoot: Offhand from 25 yards with rifle or 15 yards with handgun.
Bench rest or supported from 25 yards with rifle or 15 yards with handgun
Mark your targets as offhand, benchrest, or supported.

10 shots for score. Hits in the bowling pin above the stripes count 10 pts. Hits in the bowling ball count 5 pts and hits anywhere in the rest of the pin from the top stripe down count 3 points. Ball must be half way into the target area to score points. Maximum score is 100 pts.

Shoot as many times as you wish but please only post one target per category with pictures of target (and gear, if possible - we love to see everyone's equipment and load data!) Post jpg or pdf formats. Please score your targets and write your score on the target along with information on the load you used.

Prize is same as always - bragging rights on the forum!

I will be posting August results in a day or two.

Have fun and stay safe!

Attachments

• Sept 2023 Target.pdf
    412.3 KB · Views: 0
Many THANKS to Gary for calling the shots. This will be a morale booster for my sub par shooting!

Went out and shot this target today! With my 73 year old eyes all I could see was the stripes and bowling ball. Will print and shoot another at some point, first try pathetic at best. You’re pure evil Gary!

I thought I was going easy this month! At least it looked easy to see on my computer :ghostly:

When are you heading down to Lenox for the shoot? I’m thinking of driving down early Friday and shoot Friday and Saturday.

I thought I was going easy this month! At least it looked easy to see on my computer :ghostly:

When are you heading down to Lenox for the shoot? I’m thinking of driving down early Friday and shoot Friday and Saturday.
About 4 hrs for me, I plan on getting there 9AM. Got a room up in Tifton Fri/Sat., stopped camping out when I got my DD 214 in 1972. See you there!

Shot my northwest trade gun smoothbore at the September target this a.m.
I hope to get out sometime in the next two weeks again and try to improve my score.
If not I will post the one I shot today.

Went bowling today with the 45 cal Natchez PoorBoy. That was a fun target

Attachments

• IMG_8289.jpeg
    IMG_8289.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I figured 10 shots at one target is plenty. Two that I would consider flyers. Maybe because they were Hornady balls? Probably because I dropped too soon rather than following through with my hold. I forgot to write on the target that it was 40 - 45 grains of powder. Great target this month! I had a lot of fun shooting it first and then some steel at various ranges afterward. Good warm up target.

Attachments

• Sept 2023 Target.jpg
    Sept 2023 Target.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for posting! I am sure it was the Hornady balls and not the shooter! Glad you enjoyed the target - I am going to shoot it next week.

Last edited:
Back