• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Forum War! U.S. vs The World (part two)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Acorn Mush said:
It really was a kick reading some of the good-natured jibes being tossed about during the recent "hostilities". Thanks guys for a lot of laughs!

Something is bothering me though, and perhaps y'all can help me figure this all out. The good ol' U.S. of A. team had 20 shooters and managed a total of 16 "kills", for an average of 0.8 "kills" per shooter. The "Also Ran" team consisted of only 9 shooters yet managed to get 9 "kills", an average 1.0 per shooter. Seems to me all them furriners is better shots than us guys on a per-shooter basis. :redface:

Do we need more practice? :grin:

I shall now don my Nomex fire-resistant suit, retreat to my underground bunker in an undisclosed location, and await the inevitable and well-deserved loads of cannister and grapeshot cast haphazardly in my direction.

Well Mush, it's like this...

Several of our soldiers took their shots on, or right after, St. Patricks day. :shake:

And they made us shoot METRIC targets so some of our soldiers weren't exactly sure where to aim.

AND our percentages would have been better if Mountainman56 hadn't a sneaked back ACROSS THE BORDER to take his shot. :slap: :slap: :slap:

Anyhow, we didn't want to have to kill 'em ALL TWICE. :blah:

That's my story. :grin:

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: .........Hmmmmmmmmmmm! I got to thinkin'..............There was only 9 "ferriners" enlisted and you fellars had 16 kills???? Now ya can't kill someone twice .......soooooooooo ya either got a bunch of civilians or some of your own troops. Do I hear.. "FRIENDLY FIRE ? ? ?........... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Soggy said:
:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: .........Hmmmmmmmmmmm! I got to thinkin'..............There was only 9 "ferriners" enlisted and you fellars had 16 kills???? Now ya can't kill someone twice .......soooooooooo ya either got a bunch of civilians or some of your own troops. Do I hear.. "FRIENDLY FIRE ? ? ?........... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

ya only got 9 left,............they stood tall under the stress of war........we must'a shot under 'em! :redface:

I donated my shot for my Great Grandfather, Hans Wilhelm Olsen who was originally from Copenhagen Denmark.

Mountainman56 said:
I donated my shot for my Great Grandfather, Hans Wilhelm Olsen who was originally from Copenhagen Denmark.
:thumbsup: Grand Pa would be happy.........
wildviking.jpg

Soggy said:
... Do I hear.. "FRIENDLY FIRE ? ? ?........... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

New counting may be needed.. :wink:
There coulda be more victims of friendly fire. :hmm:

However, the Bavarian squad of the worlds army obviously did some precise shooting according to the list. :shocked2: Beer seems to be more important for accuracy than I had expected.. :haha:
Ya need more missionarys over there in the colonies. Skilled in beer and shooting. :wink: :haha:

romeoh said:
Ya need more missionarys over there in the colonies. Skilled in beer and shooting. :wink: :haha:

:shake: :shake: Yeah sure that's just what they need over there ..............a bunch of drunken jesuit priests teaching them how to shoot.......... :rotf: :rotf:

Soggy said:
Mountainman56 said:
:thumbsup: Grand Pa would be happy.........
wildviking.jpg
Soggy,
Do you suppose that MM56 is a distant relation of "The hobbit of Pictou?"Bent Andersson? :rotf:

If he was , he'd be wise not to admit it....... :rotf: :rotf:

Well the War has been over for a while now, and this won't effect the outcome any, but I thought I should give credit where it is due.

I last checked my P.O. box June 11th and it was empty. I checked it again last night and there was another War target in there. It was postmarked May 29. You just can't beat the USPS for timely service... :surrender:

If you furriners have been wondering about a soldier who was MIA, he's been accounted for.

Billygoat (woulda) scored a Kill with a 27.09mm shot.
Good shootin' Billygoat! :hatsoff: Sorry we didn't get your score posted with the rest of 'em.

gotta use more powder!!! it'll get thar faster! :grin: ...................

boy, I'll bet they never see'd it com'in! :rotf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back