• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Building ME a NW Trade Gun ! :)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok ...holler at me if you need any help.
Rob you sure make it look easy,but probably after 30 or so you could do it your sleep.Im enjoying following this it is quite an art what you guys do especially all buy hand such as you do👍.keep them pictures coming she’s looking gooood.walt

Great thread I stumbled upon. I will be watching as well. I'm currently building a .45 Lancaster from parts off a broken rifle. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to re-use the parts. They are from a friend's rifle that his dad built for him in the late 80's.

Rob you sure make it look easy,but probably after 30 or so you could do it your sleep.Im enjoying following this it is quite an art what you guys do especially all buy hand such as you do👍.keep them pictures coming she’s looking gooood.walt
Thanks bud . Each one still fights me but the process is started to come to me quicker through repetition which I like , I always was slow . This is number 54 . Each one is a chore but having that baby in your hands after the shellac is dry , then firing it off the first few times ...always worth it. :)

Last edited:
Great thread I stumbled upon. I will be watching as well. I'm currently building a .45 Lancaster from parts off a broken rifle. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to re-use the parts. They are from a friend's rifle that his dad built for him in the late 80's.
Have you built before ? If not , give me a holler if you need anything plus I'd like to see d you an amazing building manual via. email .... Post pics !

Not trying to be a know it all or nothin , just if you've never built before perhaps I could help ya . I know how it was my first few guns . I didn't know what the hell I was doin ,was just lost . Later gator .... :)
Thanks Rob, When everything arrives and I'm ready to go I will definitely holler at you for some advice!

You and me both. So much to know and not a lot of time left. I sure enjoy the build process though. @Rob M. does such a great job. I do plan on several more builds but I would like to own one custom made gun. I wonder who I should contract with for that? ;)
Great builder not too far from you is Jim Parker at Calvary Longrifles in Warrior Ala. Give him a call and discuss what you would liked built. Just do an internet search and Calvary Longrifles will come up.

Not trying to be a know it all or nothin , just if you've never built before perhaps I could help ya . I know how it was my first few guns . I didn't know what the hell I was doin ,was just lost . Later gator .... :)
I appreciate the offer Rob, you make beautiful rifles. This barrel cost me a fair bit and shipping to Canada so I don't want to screw it up! If I can get a few pointers from someone who has done a few, then I'm all for that. When I get things here I'll send you a message and maybe we can chat on the phone.
Don

Barrel lugs inlet into stocks and pins drilled and set ....

Attachments

• IMG_20230304_103439.jpg
    IMG_20230304_103439.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230304_110245.jpg
    IMG_20230304_110245.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230304_123342.jpg
    IMG_20230304_123342.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
I appreciate the offer Rob, you make beautiful rifles. This barrel cost me a fair bit and shipping to Canada so I don't want to screw it up! If I can get a few pointers from someone who has done a few, then I'm all for that. When I get things here I'll send you a message and maybe we can chat on the phone.
Don
Sure bud .... 740-343-3703

Have you built before ? If not , give me a holler if you need anything plus I'd like to see d you an amazing building manual via. email .... Post pics !
Yes sir. This is my third rifle. I've also built a pistol. I will try to upload a few pics. With all due respect, not my thread. Don't want to be disrespectful. I would appreciate the manual though. Can't have enough instructions and information. I will pm my email address. Thank you much.

Yes sir. This is my third rifle. I've also built a pistol. I will try to upload a few pics. With all due respect, not my thread. Don't want to be disrespectful. I would appreciate the manual though. Can't have enough instructions and information. I will pm my email address. Thank you much.
It's Rob's thread so if he wants to go down the rabbit hole with us I'm in!

Back