• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thanks USPS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
USPS is mega annoying.
1000008553.png
1000008552.png

The US Postal Service looses about $8,000,000,000 per year, I would not classify it as a top notch post office. My local mailman was an absolute jerk right up to the day he retired. They must have hired his daughter as his replacement because she is not only rude she is stupid as well. I’ll bet I get three to five letters per week that belong to someone else. I’m beginning to think maybe she can’t read, just recognizes the printed numbers. Don’t even ask about how rude and lazy they are at the local post office.
All postal workers are paid the same, which means workers at a tiny, rural, office are probably making more than the average citizen in their town. They have a pension system of some sort, don't know if they have 401K's or what. Overall I like the postal system's history, it grew right along with the country. And, for 68 cents, I can send a letter to Hawaii from the East Coast. Yes, they are in a financial pickle, but they have enough money to buy billions of dollars worth of Electric Vehicles. Wonder how that will work out in upper Minnesota when it's -20 outside! :rolleyes:

Our local post office is notorious for losing or damaging items. Complaints go unanswered. I never use the USPS. Whenever I order something online, I expressly tell them in the instruction block DO NOT SEND VIA USPS OR IT WILL BE SENT BACK UNACCEPTED. I gladly pay more to use another carrier.

Sadly, FedEx is becoming just as bad. They've lost or I've had damaged packages arrive many times. Amazon has a better track record with their deliveries, although the one guy left my package by the mailbox in the rain the other day. Luckily it wasn't anything expensive, just some sanding disks. It happens again and they're getting a complaint lodged. It's not like my door is more than 50 feet from tje road.

I have had a package pass within 2 miles of my house and then go to a county 35 mi south of here and take two days to get back here.
FedEx just did that to me. Package left Illinois through Chicago via "FedEx Express" (shipper picked shipping method). It went immediately to an obscure location 20 miles from my house on Friday, with a scheduled delivery of Saturday, yesterday. Ok, that's fine.

I happen to call my son who drives/delivers for FedEx and asked him why it went to that town instead of his hub. He said FedEx express has a terminal there. Oh, Ok.

I check tracking Saturday morning and it said the package was now 100 miles from the house in another state. What?? Well, Ok, they're wasting their time and my shipping money but they could still deliver on time.

Nope, never showed up. This morning (Sunday) it's still 100 miles away in another state and tracking now says they will provide "a delivery date when the package starts moving again". It's almost like they go out of their way to intentionally screw everything up.

Go look for an email addy to complain to customer service. You'll find they "no longer have an email to contact customer service". Instead they have a "virtual customer service chat". That chat has pre-programmed answers that never tell you what you want to know and it dances around the issue just like their trucks dance around a delivery location. It would seem they can't be bothered with folks upset with their screw ups and inefficiencies.

Misshipped TWICE from the Atlanta regional facility, actual destination Wisconsin, and ended up twice in South Carolina. To be noted, the package was correctly addressed:

Screenshot.png

Regarding the USPS.....

How many pieces of junk mail do you get daily, or weekly?

Ever get a look inside your mail person's vehicle? In the passenger seat and floorboard and within reach in the back seat are totes full of junk mail flyers. When she/he stops at your box the first thing they do is pick one of each out of each tote and place your real mail inside those flyers.

The USPS gets paid by whoever wants you to have those flyers. That's how they make the bulk of their money. Your real mail and packages are of second concern, and really, the powers that be in the organization don't care if your real mail and packages get to you on time, or at all. But those flyers get to you on time, all the time, don't they.

Wouldn’t bother me at all if they cut down to only delivering mail on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Could save the post office a lot of money and honestly I can’t remember the last time anything important or time sensitive was in the mail box.

Wouldn’t bother me at all if they cut down to only delivering mail on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Could save the post office a lot of money and honestly I can’t remember the last time anything important or time sensitive was in the mail box.
For me it's a matter of principle. I pay them to provide a service. That service is getting my package in my hands at the time they say it will be. If I want it faster than normal then I must pay even more for the service.
When they fail at their job by delivering a package late, then it's breach of contract of a service that was paid for up front; one party demanding their fee to perform the service, and the other party agreeing to pay it.
At my job I agree to provide my employer with a certain amount of my time to provide a specific type of labor, to create added value to a product that they produce and sell. I have a specific amount of time set by my employer to provide that labor and add that value. I have a set of guidelines called a "breakdown" that are set by my employer to instruct me how to perform the labor to add the value to the product. I do this in exchange for a weekly paycheck. If I fail in any way to meet the requirements set before me I'm disciplined and could lose my job.

Since 1775 the USPS has had just one job to do, and for 249 years they still can't get it right.

Back