• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

USPS Fiasco

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know a man in a small town near me that owns a parcel shipping store. he told me insurance was a waste of your money. he said the best insurance was to pack well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
He is correct. Ascertaining the package is well packed is the best we can do. It will not help with lost or stolen packages, but it will help with the most common problem...........careless workers that have no regard for the contents of packages.

Last edited:
who said it did? LOL back at you, it is simply "all you can do",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Yep LOL ! Cause the shipping thread is a new one every week.
Let us know when you start shipping over $5,000 in fees/ packages a year.

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    164.2 KB · Views: 0
I have had a UPS signature required package left sitting on a stone wall by my driveway.
ups left a computer on the edge of my porch in the rain. I detest them. The po… I haul mail... They’re not that bad if you use the +4 in the address and register it. Better yet, put an apple tag in with the gun and charge the receiver. Refund the money when they return the tag.

Part of the po’s problem is they’re union (a bad union) and they all call out of hide after Wednesday or around payday and holidays. Some great people. Some a worthless, waste of skin. Don’t see as many drunks anymore.

Last edited:
I just read this on Clay Smith's website regarding shipping firearms:
Firearm Shipping Regulations as of May, 2023
FedEx will now only ship guns to and from an FFL holder. This new policy includes pre-1898 guns classified as "antique" and muzzle loaders, new or old. As far as I can tell, they do not recognize a C&R as a legitimate license. Even though antique and muzzle loaders are exempt from current gun regulation according to the BATF, FedEx has decided on a blanket rule of no guns except through licensed FFLs will be easier for their employees and affiliated shipping centers. Due to this I have closed my account with them and will no longer ship ANY item through FedEx.

From what I hear through the media, UPS may follow soon. This will leave only USPS which is well known for delayed deliveries as well as losing or breaking packages. They also have a max insurance limit of $5000. USPS also has so many steps in making an insurance claim that it is very difficult to get reimbursed for lost packages.
FedEx… yeah. Just year, ordered a computer chip. FedEx delivered it to an address not mine (20 miles away) and let someone not me sign for it. After a bunch of arguing, the support person from the Sub-continent said they lost it — sorry. Nothing to do. I said “How about making your worthless driver go back where he scanned it out and get it back.” Oh no. Shipper refunded me. It showed up a week later. Package had been cut open and resealed. I tried 3 times to pay the shipper. He didn’t seem to care that much. Works great in my ‘puter.

Po is not perfect. I still say apple tags. Very disheartening.

You are exactly the type of person I would never do business with. Berating potential future customers is never a good idea.
Bill is one of the greatest guys to do business with. I’m sorry, but if you had to deal with todays customers (“spastic retard” can be a nice descriptor), you’d be brusque too.

Calm down Francis and stop being so thin skinned.

Bill is one of the greatest guys to do business with. I’m sorry, but if you had to deal with todays customers (“spastic retard” can be a nice descriptor), you’d be brusque too.

Calm down Francis and stop being so thin skinned.
Not thinned skin at all and it wasn't aimed at me. But the cold hard facts are I have no tolerance for arrogant business folks that publicly insults people. That was not his first time doing so on here.

BTW, the name isn't Francis. :)

Now I digress.

Last edited:
I recently was doing a lot of work on my old Jeep and ordered most of the parts online. A lot of them were shipped UPS and I had a couple of empty boxes show up. Fed Ex shipped got here no problem. The local UPS center is only open from 4pm to 6pm daily and if you try to call, you get a call center elsewhere. The company I ordered the parts through sent me replacements.

As for USPS, I try not order from anyone who ships through them. My packages seem to end up routed to Olive Branch Mississippi and they have a black hole there where a good part of my orders either get sucked into and never reappear or are held in orbit for weeks.

Was driving behind my small town PO where the loading docks are. Its a medium sized PO and the docks are about 40 feet wide and maybe 10 feet deep. Everyday (Sundays too) it looks like a ship yard overflowing with pallets and big and small trucks jockeying for position. It is clearly overwhelmed as is the parking lot. Pretty evident UPS, Fedex and Amazon who utilize the USPS for final delivery are really killing plain old mail service. I wonder how much longer the system will survive the onslaught??

Back