• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thanks USPS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom in nc

45 Cal.
Reaction score
A kind person on here responded to my ad wanting back issues of Guns of the Old West magazine. He took them to his local Post Office in Rocky Gap VA. That's as far as they got according to the tracking info provided. The great USPS has lost them. Thanks a lot you overpaid bunch of idiots.

Give them some time. I thought that two items I purchased from eBay were lost. The tracking numbers showed either no movement at all or the infamous "in transit." After a few weeks, they finally were delivered unscathed. One even went from South Carolina to Richmond, down to Georgia, back to Richmond, and then delivered to me in Virginia. No rhyme or reason, and unacceptable shipping times to be sure, but it is the times we live in.

The US Postal Service looses about $8,000,000,000 per year, I would not classify it as a top notch post office. My local mailman was an absolute jerk right up to the day he retired. They must have hired his daughter as his replacement because she is not only rude she is stupid as well. I’ll bet I get three to five letters per week that belong to someone else. I’m beginning to think maybe she can’t read, just recognizes the printed numbers. Don’t even ask about how rude and lazy they are at the local post office.

USPS used to be the best in the world. They gone to shat, if I insult postal workers then do a better job.
I have had many packages lost. Which one of you has the caps I shipped to a newbie that never showed up? My latest issue of Muzzlleloader magazine, weeks to get fromthe midwest to the east coast. Great job guys!
It takes 2 weeks to get a simple first class letter from MD to my son in AZ.
My property tax bill that i know for a fact was mailed last week of November showed up this week. 8 miles distance. Great job!
Quit weenie whinning and fix your system. Merry Christmas, i wonder how many Christmas cards will show up in February.

Last edited:
A kind person on here responded to my ad wanting back issues of Guns of the Old West magazine. He took them to his local Post Office in Rocky Gap VA. That's as far as they got according to the tracking info provided. The great USPS has lost them. Thanks a lot you overpaid bunch of idiots.
USPS will track them down and find them if you request. Have had several items over the years seemingly stuck at a location. They found all but one. That one never made it out of the originating Post Office.

USPS will track them down and find them if you request. Have had several items over the years seemingly stuck at a location. They found all but one. That one never made it out of the originating Post Office.
Track them down? Your kidding right?
I had a package lost, i go to PO with the tracking number. The ‘lady’ says “thats not a legitimate tracking number, NEXT”.

This has happened to me a handful of times. For reasons unknown, sometimes they never scan the tracking information into the system at the intermediate locations before the item reaches final destination. Luckily, for me, the updated information would magically appear after I visited my local post office and began asking questions of where my package was. I’ve had packages lost in the mail up to a month on a few occasions.

As a side note, USPS carriers are paid per mailbox they deliver to. Once upon a time my wife’s grandmother lived with us. One day the mail carrier left a note in our mailbox telling us that her mail would no longer be delivered unless we put up another mailbox. I had to buy another mailbox and place it right next to, within two feet, of our mailbox before they would deliver her mail.

Last edited:
Understaffed is not new and Amazon and UPS dumping is not new either. Seems you don't want to see that the problem could be overworked employees . JMHO
Obviously you haven’t been burned by an incompetent USPS. Good for you. I hope your luck holds.

Track them down? Your kidding right?
I had a package lost, i go to PO with the tracking number. The ‘lady’ says “thats not a legitimate tracking number, NEXT”.
If it had been me hearing “That’s not a legitimate tracking number… NEXT!” I would have been put in handcuffs. Depending on, of course, what the contents of my package was worth.

what time period are you looking for Tom? i need to clean out my magazine rack. (according to she who must be obeyed)

Back