• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RWS 1075 Percussion Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My experience has been the opposite with my super companion. The RSW tend to have quite a few misfires but the CCI number 11's have very few.

Now for all my other cap and balls the rsws are 100%
That's strange because my super companion misfires like crazy with the cci #11 caps. And I hate to keep pimping my homemade caps, but they work flawless on it so I've stuck to using them only.

RWS makes 1075 and 1075 plus caps..... i've been using the plus,,, has anyone tested the plain 1075? i seen lots of posts saying 1075,, are they just leaving out the "plus"?? When i bought caps a couple yrs ago.. all i could find were the "plus" version. (The plus is considered a magnum cap). powder valley has both in stock.

RWS makes 1075 and 1075 plus caps..... i've been using the plus,,, has anyone tested the plain 1075? i seen lots of posts saying 1075,, are they just leaving out the "plus"?? When i bought caps a couple yrs ago.. all i could find were the "plus" version. (The plus is considered a magnum cap). powder valley has both in stock.
Could be wrong, but I think I asked this question a couple years ago and the packaging suggests a difference, but they are all the same.

How did you determine they are all the same?
Now that I look at it. My question was about the “Dynomit Nobel” vs. the yellow regular, but someone was able to convince me both the green and the yellow were the same, though I still can’t remember specifically why.

Attachments

• IMG_4400.jpeg
    IMG_4400.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Did an un-scientific test years ago with various caps by measuring the distance each cap would launch a light piece of plastic (some would call it a sabot) out of a barrel. The 1075+ showed significant more power and consistency than the 1075 and other caps. Although I have and use other caps, the 1075+ has been my choice since.
Could be wrong, but I think I asked this question a couple years ago and the packaging suggests a difference, but they are all the same.
What kind test did you do to determine there was no difference? Or are you going on internet lore?

As a note, i typically only use blackpowder, but if I were shooting a sub that requires more heat to light up than blackpowder, I would want the strongest cap i could obtain.

Did an un-scientific test years ago with various caps by measuring the distance each cap would launch a light piece of plastic (some would call it a sabot) out of a barrel. The 1075+ showed significant more power and consistency than the 1075 and other caps. Although I have and use other caps, the 1075+ has been my choice since.

What kind test did you do to determine there was no difference? Or are you going on internet lore?

As a note, i typically only use blackpowder, but if I were shooting a sub that requires more heat to light up than blackpowder, I would want the strongest cap i could obtain.
No test. Someone on this forum was able to point me to something on the package that convinced me they were the same.

The plus caps are too hot and cause vertical stringing in my target rifles.
Years ago when I shot on the US Int'l Team we were given a quantity of powder, patches and caps for free.
On one occasion all
that was there were the 1075 Plus caps. No one took them, so I guess I wasn't the only one.

The CCI musket multi purpose caps..

I don't get it.. they pop just as loud as the RWS.. I think.. I mean they got pop.. what's up no fire.

It kinda worked every other cap or two with BP... and you know I gave up after 12 caps pyrodex..

The RWS.. fires the pyrodex right off...

Like why even make junk like that..but what why.. why would they make such a thing for.. like we need a cap that works sometimes...

I have 3 tins of the plus. They fit slixshots just fine and fire every time on my revolvers. I certainly wouldn’t shy away from buying them if they were all available. I alternate between Rem, CCI, the RWS. I really dont notice any difference.

Latest posts

Back