• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RWS 1075 Percussion Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, like most BP percussion shooters, I’m always on The hunt for #10 and # 11 percussion caps. I found on Gunbroker a couple of sellers with RWS 1075 caps and they apparently fit both 10 and 11 nipples. The RWS verbiage even goes so far as to say that they “fit better and perform better than CCI and Remington 10 and 11 caps.

I have no experience with these RWS caps and am seeking guidance here.

1075 = 10 3/4. Intermediate cap size so it is good for both 10 and 11 nipples. A little hotter than CCI. Good all-around cap. I bought a box of RWS caps last fall, sold by Back Creek. N-SSA shooters use them. A friend, retired N-SSA shooter, uses the RWS wingless musket caps too.

I appreciate the reply and information. I’ll pick some up from Gunbroker.com and give them a run.

RWS 1075 are top of the line and they easily out preform CCI Mag caps.
I guess I never tried'm with my #10 nipple revolvers, I've got 10's for those. But they sure work great on all my rifles.
I'd grab up all the 1075 you can lay your hands on.

Appreciate the reply. Going to do just that!

RWS (German) caps are top of the line and I won't even consider anything else for use on my muskets. Having said that I have no experience with RWS 1075s but I did buy a thousand from Back Creek Gun Shop to try on my revolvers. I had used Remingtons exclusively for years but wanted to experiment. Unfortunately I haven't shot a revolver in a few years so I can't comment on how they fit the nipples.

RWS (German) caps are top of the line and I won't even consider anything else for use on my muskets. Having said that I have no experience with RWS 1075s but I did buy a thousand from Back Creek Gun Shop to try on my revolvers. I had used Remingtons exclusively for years but wanted to experiment. Unfortunately I haven't shot a revolver in a few years so I can't comment on how they fit the nipples.

I use them on a Hawken. TOW nipples are made for them. I use the RWS musket caps too and both musket and 1075 are the best.

So, like most BP percussion shooters, I’m always on The hunt for #10 and # 11 percussion caps. I found on Gunbroker a couple of sellers with RWS 1075 caps and they apparently fit both 10 and 11 nipples. The RWS verbiage even goes so far as to say that they “fit better and perform better than CCI and Remington 10 and 11 caps.

Haha! I would be surprised if the ad copy said, “These fit fairly well, sometimes, and they are almost as good as the other companies caps.”

Here's what you need to know- YES they're great. My competition cap of choice is RWS followed closely by Scheutzen.

Thinking about the good old days. I hesitated January 2021 before having 5000 RWS 1075 Plus caps delivered to my door for around $280. Really thought I would regret over paying. May have hit a jackpot.
$280 for 5000 caps comes to 5.6 cents a shot, ouch.....I liked better when caps were .02 cents a shot. If your pocket can afford it get as many caps as you can. Stored properly, they last forever, and they are money in the bank, when you want to get out of the hobby.

$280 for 5000 caps comes to 5.6 cents a shot, ouch.....I liked better when caps were .02 cents a shot. If your pocket can afford it get as many caps as you can. Stored properly, they last forever, and they are money in the bank, when you want to get out of the hobby.
I doubt we will see the $1-$2 100 count cap tins any time soon. My reference was to recent purchases.

" I liked it better when caps were .02 cents a shot " Tells you all how old I really am. Cheesh! This hobby isn't getting any cheaper.
Anyway RWS caps are really good. I have been shooting them for 50+ years. They are much better than CVA, CCI, or Remington which I really hate to say. I have never had the chance to shoot Scheutzen caps, so I cannot say any pros or cons.
Fred

Back