• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RWS 1075 Percussion Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a love/hate relation with the RWS 1075 cap. After about 150 rounds of testing I find they are reliable on Slixshot nipples hen the cone is clean and slick. Once it gets dirty I have a lot of second strikes.
They seem to give a lot of sticky fouling in the hammer channel on Colt open top guns.
My gun is match conditioned and has a reduced power mainspring. They are hot the flash when ignited is much bigger than a Remington #10. The RWS caps are used for casual shooting and practice and give me what I call
"damp fire" practice because you never know when a bang will occur.
Respectfully
Bunk

I bought three boxes of 2500 each early last year. I’ve got these left. Note they are plus so not sure if that makes a difference. I use them on everything from the 1851 Navy to a Walker and the ROA’s. They work fine, some guns better than others,
B73EC240-456C-4128-A663-E3C1256634E8.jpeg
but they all go boom.

After about 150 rounds of testing I find they are reliable on Slixshot nipples hen the cone is clean and slick. Once it gets dirty I have a lot of second strikes.
They seem to give a lot of sticky fouling in the hammer channel on Colt open top guns.
My gun is match conditioned and has a reduced power mainspring.
Had similar issue requiring a second strike with all makes of percussion caps with a pair of ‘match’ guns with reduced power mainsprings. Issue disappeared with normal power mainsprings, in addition to fewer cap fragments getting stuck in the action. The reduced power mainsprings worked well with those cylinders we don’t talk about here.

I ordered a couple tins the other day... haven't tried them but anxious to give em a shot. Will be on a GPR if anyone has experience using them?

Where is local? Also, perhaps you could change the nipple? I believe you can get a nipple that will fit my rifle to handle a musket cap?
Nashville, TN. I've got plenty of CCI #11 but I thought I would try these. The box is marked 1075 but they are too small. They will go on my Hawken nipple but they sit high. Takes 2 hammer falls before they ignite, then it takes pliers to get them off the nipple.

So, like most BP percussion shooters, I’m always on The hunt for #10 and # 11 percussion caps. I found on Gunbroker a couple of sellers with RWS 1075 caps and they apparently fit both 10 and 11 nipples. The RWS verbiage even goes so far as to say that they “fit better and perform better than CCI and Remington 10 and 11 caps.

I have no experience with these RWS caps and am seeking guidance here.
They work for percussion pistols. If you need #11 for a rifle, not a good fit.

I believe that RWS caps are 10 1/2. Supposedly to fit BP revolvers and rifles. They are definitely a hot cap, but as said by Smoke Pole Sam, you may have to file down the nipple to get a good fit.

I bought so many RWS 1075 plus , 7000, that I thought it worthwhile to remove the nipples from revolvers I shoot frequently, chuck them one by one in a cordless drill spin the cone against a corse diamond stone until the RWS 1075’s fit well. On most of the revolvers taper seem to be more of an issue than diameter.
As I don’t carry or hunt with percussion revolvers a looser fit at some point in the future with #11’s wasn’t a concern.

Had similar issue requiring a second strike with all makes of percussion caps with a pair of ‘match’ guns with reduced power mainsprings. Issue disappeared with normal power mainsprings, in addition to fewer cap fragments getting stuck in the action. The reduced power mainsprings worked well with those cylinders we don’t talk about here.
that is what I did on a pair of my snub nose .44 Piettas. It improved ignition to about 85% and for plinking that is enough. Just borrowed a set of Pietta new style main springs and will see how they work. The 1075 caps work 100% on my GR Plains rifle, but that hammer makes the hammer of Thor look puny.
Respectfully
Bunk

1075 plus & CCI Magnums needed a second strike on an Uberti & Pedersoli Remington NMA….with stock or Treso nipples . Remington 10s work fine .
1075 plus work well on a Pietta REmington NMA with stock nipples & Colt 1860 2nd Gen with slixshots . 1075 plus work well on Ped 12Ga sxs but fit a bit loose.

Back