• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NMLRA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fleener said:
Joe has a great vision for NMLRA and has been working very hard to make real changes for the survival of the NMLRA.
Maybe he could start here in Minn, if you wanna know why ask in a pm.

GoodCheer, you know I thought about waving at this guy that I thought I should know the other day.

Necchi, send me a PM and I will pass it along to Joe. Cant promise anything, other than I will pass it along if warranted.

Fleener

For those of you who haven't seen "Muzzle Blasts" recently, it is now a slick, 4-color job and visually a knockout.

Dogs do not belong in camp at a shoot. You are mad? Why? leave the buddy in camp unattended all day?

I have always had a dog BUT never brought one to a shoot.

Had a problem with a man who left his pit bull chained to his trailer at a Fort TY shoot. It bit a neighbors girl he did not like the outcome.

The NMLRA has problems , we are all getting old and leaving. Adopting the new inlines is a mistake IMHO. The magazine has improved as it sucked for many years.

Regarding in-lines, I think we have to accept them to keep the sport alive. Our club permits them with patched RB and open sights.

Oakgall: I tend to agree if the inlines are getting people away from their smartphones, into the field, and shooting. I guess the question of the hour is whether there is much cross-over from inline to traditional muzzleloaders. Ideally, people would migrate from inlines to traditional. How much that happens I do not know, and I know of no survey indicating how much cross-over there is.

We've had several people come to our club shoots with inlines, and we permit them so long as they use iron sights rather than a scope.

But I stay pragmatic about these things. The best case scenario is someone moving from inline to traditional muzzleloaders, but inline is still better than at home on the couch, not participating.

Oakgall said:
Regarding in-lines, I think we have to accept them to keep the sport alive. Our club permits them with patched RB and open sights.

Y’all should give those boys a break, let em’ use their scopes. :slap:

Back