• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good time to join the NMLRA!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If (like me) you can't hear, "just calling" isn't an option.
I feel for you, brother! My Ménière’s gave me the same loss. Whatever passes for TTY nowadays is a joke!! I had to call NMLRA because I signed up online and could never get logged in. I explained immediately that I’m extremely hard of hearing, and if they’ll talk slowly and loudly, we might just get through it. They did, and we did. 😁

It's the internet and forums like this that have killed off Friendship as well as all the other shoots that have disappeared. When I started going to F ship in 1980 it was the only way you got to see anything or do anything. Now you guys just sit behind your key boards and type away...and that's as far as it goes.

I think the man you speak of has been dead for many years now.
He is. I hated that guy, he harrased me everytime I went through the gate. I'm sure he died a rich man with all that gate fee money stuffed in his pockets.
He lived on a farm just down the road from F-ship. Was he the one that carried a gun on his hip all the time? Or was that some other self-important old buzzard?

The NMLRA is as good as it's members. I am happy with the magazine, discounts at several shops, and NRLHA events. It isn't perfect, but what is?

A standard NMLRA membership for an individual, with a printed Muzzle Blasts magazine every month, is $50; the digital membership (with a link to the magazine online) is $35. If you did not get satisfactory service when you sent in your money you should contact the main office (1-812-667-5131). I too hate communicating by phone and don't hear very well. But surely you have a friend or relative who could make that phone call for you and explain the situation. The NMLRA has no interest in offending or short-changing anyone; and they will correct the problem if they are given a chance.
Good luck; I hope you get this straightened out.

Smoke Ring

Were you the ones we help with recharging the scooter behind the cabin?

We have made quite a few changes to facilitates and accessibility to the ranges in the past year. The trap range has been completely rebuilt and handicap accessible. The woods walk has also been completely rebuilt and much more accessible.

A new ADA compliant bathroom should be done by June 01.

Fleener
Fleener

We were not the ones who needed a charge. We did see several other scooters getting our elder members mobile. She was able to drive into the NMLRA building and see the displays and say hi to the quilters. She was also able to drive up the ramp into the Museum. The door at the top of the ramp stuck a little from lack of use but the guy inside got it to open, and she was able to enter and take the tour.
With COPD she has to stay away from any smoke but being able to enter the buildings and check out trader's row and the flea markets made for an enjoyable week.

Smoke Ring

The NMLRA does not have a lobbying presence in Washington, in large part because it does not have the money to support such activities. But on at least two occasions the Association sent representatives (then-presidents Jim Fulmer and Becky Waterman) to testify at the United Nations on some ill-considered international small arms treaties.
As for the NRA, of course they are a strong voice, but they do not have the expertise and commitment in the black powder arena that the NMLRA does. There are several good organizations out there that have their finger on the pulse of muzzleloading, but only one of them tries to do so much with so little: the NMLRA. It deserves the support of everyone who is serious about muzzleloading.
To set the record straight, membership is not $60 as someone said earlier; annual membership with a printed magazine is $50, but if you want to save some money you can sign up for the digital version of Muzzle Blasts.
Eric thanks for standing up for the NMLRA .
Ok I am reading through this thread, and I promise I will get caught up to the end but first let me correct a couple things before I get there.
The NMLRA does not lobby, it is NOT a financial limitation, it is an organizational one. The NMLRA is a 501(c)(3) and no organization may qualify for 501(c)(3) status if a substantial part of its activities is attempting to influence legislation (lobbying).
The NMLRA does, as stated, take part to preserve the Second Amendment, members, presidents, and board members have all acted on behalf of the NMLRA to take steps in preserving our freedoms.

So on to actual Benefits of joining the NMLRA.
The Muzzle Blasts magazine, though some have questioned its usefulness here, it is a printed source of information when everything else is digital only.
National Competitions, started in 1933 as a competition between like minded enthusiasts, the NMLRA continues this with two National events at Friendship.
National Range, members may shoot at the Walter Cline range in Friendship for a day, weekend, or more free.
Territorial Competitions throughout the United States.
Range Officer Training, ask your local club how valuable this is when it is time to renew your insurance.
Charter Clubs, NMLRA Charter Clubs receive discounts on advertising, scoring aids, and targets and are available for matching funds grants through the NMLRA grant program.
Hunting opportunities, members have access to over 500 acres of prime hunting grounds.
Camping opportunities, with your membership you have access to a wide array of camping options at a price far lower than state-run campgrounds.
Don't forget the NMLRA provides Muzzleloading Education, a Scholarship Program, Access to Gunsmithing Seminars, Postal Matches and Special events, and many more.

Ive joined off and on..WHATS the benefit? I get a magazine thats about building guns which i dont do.Then theres something about history of yesteryear about something i couldnt care about.5 pages of Scores from there shooting in indiana that iam never doing.All i get is something i dont need is a card to shoot at the territorials which my NRA membership already covers.I DONT EVER see anything about hunting mayby 2 articles a year or NOTHING about the states territorials or scores..all for 60.00 a year..ill pass
Nothing is ever specifically for everyone. It's not for you, that's OK!

The organization is just generally good for our hobby. That's enough for me, the benefits that spread among world of muzzle loading. I too find many things in the magazine that don't apply to me, but I love reading actual paper, not something on a screen.

NMLRA benefits are for those who choose to utilize them, such as the two individuals from Germany that visited in June.

A big concept that everyone should understand is that the NMLRA is NOT a club, it is a National Nonprofit Corporation made up of individuals with a common interest.

These interests are spelled out in our articles of incorporation as;

Understanding of the ability in marksmanship with early American muzzleloading firearms.
Match promotion for the purpose of advancing fine accuracy with these arms and to promote standard practices for competition.
Supports the continuing and growing interest in the added challenge of hunting with a muzzleloading firearm.
Greater safety with all firearms, especially with muzzleloading rifles, pistols, and shotguns.
As an association founded upon our heritage of early American firearms, we declare our support of the Second amendment of the Constitution of the United States.

Eric thanks for standing up for the NMLRA .
Ok I am reading through this thread, and I promise I will get caught up to the end but first let me correct a couple things before I get there.
The NMLRA does not lobby, it is NOT a financial limitation, it is an organizational one. The NMLRA is a 501(c)(3) and no organization may qualify for 501(c)(3) status if a substantial part of its activities is attempting to influence legislation (lobbying).
The NMLRA does, as stated, take part to preserve the Second Amendment, members, presidents, and board members have all acted on behalf of the NMLRA to take steps in preserving our freedoms.
I was a member and know Eric Bye & Jim Fulmer ,To be most helpful and worthy gentlemen as you would ever wish to meet.
Sincerely Rudyard

Back