• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

NMLRA 3-Year Memberships

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making excuses for those trying to promote muzzleloading 4 hours away because it doesn’t fit your specific need. lol,,
,,As you’ve now stated in every post - Rendezvous. You seem to looking for assistance from the wrong organization
Yeah, basic needs like "Inclusiveness" , "Family" and "Comradery",, things that the NMLRA regional leaders don't provide.
You should try that stuff, it's fun.

Yeah, basic needs like "Inclusiveness" , "Family" and "Comradery",, things that the NMLRA regional leaders don't provide.
You seem to have issue with specific individual(s) who are volunteering to promote Muzzleloading. Who specifically at the NMLRA, have you emailed to voice your concern?
The NMLRA has like 12,000 members and you don’t like one, two or 3. lol

Last edited:
Did you send a note to the NMLRA President concerning your displeasure which you received from their Representatives? Seems like the best way to correct a problem.

I first went to F ship in 1980. Went every shoot until 1988. Then went back in 1992 and went to every shoot until probably 2004. I only go there now to teach a couple times a year, I don't do the shoots anymore, I can't afford it. But, all of you guys ought to go and see for yourselves. The period from 80-88 was some of the best times of my life. Lots of shooting and making a lot of new friends. good times for sure.

Did you send a note to the NMLRA President concerning your displeasure which you received from their Representatives? Seems like the best way to correct a problem.
Yes, along with personal conversations with a BOD member and a couple of local Field reps

You have done your part then. Some BOD and local field reps. need some motivation which the Org. does not seem to motivated to do.

Seems some BOD think they are above the rest of the members.

Some get voted off and then the next year they are running again. Term limitations are needed.

My membership was up later this year. I called and to show my commitment to the NMLRA, I asked how much a Life Membership would be. Quoted $625.00, decided to do it. Received my card, not issued as a “Life Member” rather dated to expire 2059, when I’ll be 109. I wasn’t impressed with the issuance. I showed a commitment to them, it wasn’t returned. Very disgusted with Friendship org.

I’ve been a member for a long time. I’m a patron member and a member of the one of one thousand.
I have deep roots there but also realize what the organization does.

My membership was up later this year. I called and to show my commitment to the NMLRA, I asked how much a Life Membership would be. Quoted $625.00, decided to do it. Received my card, not issued as a “Life Member” rather dated to expire 2059, when I’ll be 109. I wasn’t impressed with the issuance. I showed a commitment to them, it wasn’t returned. Very disgusted with Friendship org.
Not sure exactly what your complaint is; but, I "registered" at a gun shop once and my exp. date was when I'll turn a hundred! But, you are to be congratulated for your support of NMLRA; it would have been nice if they were more personally courteous and did specify 'Life Member' but I guess it's just semantics. I'm in the 1-of-1000 thing, at least my name in "on the wall" even though I'll probably not ever go there! I'm just keeping on with the Annual Fee mail-in each year. I enjoy the magazine.

My membership card says LIFE MEMBER.

The NMLRA is very out-front and honest that membership is declining; I recall a few years ago their magazine (Muzzle Blasts) had circulation of about 15K, now, it's down to about 11K. Some of this may be due to the thought that youngsters don't seem to have hobbies anymore, other that staring at a gaming screen! Anyway, the normal membership with the magazine is $50/yr., but for 2023 they have a 3-Year Membership for $100 flat-out, a nice savings for annual members like me. The NMLRA is an important part of the Muzzleloading hobby, weather or not you're a member! I always enjoy the monthly magazine and have gotten many good tips therein.
I had the three year membership for many years. Finally upgraded to Senior life membership. In return, NMLRA has given me an expiration date :eek:🧐. I called the NMLRA office and inquired how they knew when I was going to pass away. I was told to call back if I exceeded my expiration date, so a new one could be assigned.

Back