• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

National Muzzleloading Rifle Assoc

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy Johnson said:
I wasn't aware I was applying derogatory labels, creating scapegoats, or assigning blame. Maybe you are unaware of it, but there are more than a few of the younger set who have grown up believing things should always go their way. When the reality of the real world smacks them upside the head they are unprepared to handle it.
That can happen across all generations and age groups....
It is unfair and incorrect to apply it broadly to one specific generation....
I know many 60-70 year olds that fit your description also.... :td:

Maybe you are unaware of it, but there are more than a few of the younger set who have grown up believing things should always go their way. When the reality of the real world smacks them upside the head they are unprepared to handle it.

Isn't that exactly one of the attitudes that would prevent people from joining, participating, or returning?.... :hmm:

I think it is...Because perception = reality.

It is one thing for people from outside the group to speak that way.....but when people on the inside speak that way, It's like a giant billboard that says "WE DON'T WANT YOU"!

I agree, however I will to support the NMLRA because of the enjoyment I do get. I only get depressed when I see sagging membership and low turns out for shoot's. I want to be part of a solution not part of a problem.

Michael

meanmike said:
I agree, however I will to support the NMLRA because of the enjoyment I do get. I only get depressed when I see sagging membership and low turns out for shoot's. I want to be part of a solution not part of a problem.

Michael
As humans, we often covet the things we enjoy.......In doing so we deny others the opportunity to share in our enjoyment...

Last edited by a moderator:
Your time and energy you spend on the NMLRA would be better spent teaching the youngsters you think have no interest in our sport, what it's all about and how they too can enjoy it....That in the long run will be worth more than if you gave the NMLRA a million dollars.....Turn your frustration and fear into passion and excitement.....Share it with others....

Every dollar that you give to the NMLRA is wasted...Because it is spent on people that are already interested in muzzleloading...

Every dollar that you spend teaching, educating, or helping someone new to experience muzzleloading first hand.....
is an investment into the future......

CC, I share my passion all the time, we work a Jr shoot program, Apple Seed program, I never refuse the Boy Scouts. I have stated we are match directors for two shoots and help in another, plus the twelve monthly matches we are Range Officers and match directors. I am sorry you cannot comprehend the commitment I have for shooting muzzleloaders. I am not a internet expert, I am a lifelong student about shooting for fun and competition. I am not going to stop, because you don't think the NMLRA is not worth your support.
Michael

I taught mental management tonight to our youth trap shooting team. I brought along a ML that I use for long range shooting.

After I got done with the presentation, I was swamped by kids and parents wanting to see my English sporting rifle. One kid pick it up and set it down literally 15 times. I asked him if he want to go shoot ML sometime and he almost wet himself with excitement. That is an offer I will certainly make good on.

I teach ML session at hunter safety. I bring way to many guns, rifles, shotguns, percussion, flint and one we cant talk about. After the presentation, they come up to the front and I cant get rid of them.

So, do what you can to promote our sport. It is something that most shooters dont really know much about.

I think the best place to recruit more ML shooters are other shooters.

fleener

I think the best place to recruit more ML shooters are other shooters.

If best means easiest.....

Statistically, in the next ten year millenials and their children will comprise about 80% of the of the population.
Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater....

Every time kids shoot muzzleloaders with us, it is a great time.
We hope someday they will come back. BTW, yesterday we were at Sportsman Warehouse buying some plastic ammo boxes, the women waiting on ask if it was for my AR, I asked what that was? She gave me a funny look and I explained we shoot muzzle loaders and the 15 min discussion was on, she may show up for our monthly shoot Sunday.

Michael

colorado clyde said:
Every dollar that you give to the NMLRA is wasted...Because it is spent on people that are already interested in muzzleloading...

Almost 100% true if you add their main focus group are what I like to call the Friends-Hippies. The good old boy & girls who run to ever Friendship Shoot.

Also there is a group of NMLRA Charter Clubs who link up with the NMLRA to buy their Club insurance that without they would be in deep doo doo if they had a problem, accident, or that caused a death or serious injury.

Every dollar that you spend teaching, educating, or helping someone new to experience muzzleloading first hand.....
is an investment into the future......[/quote]

AMEN but the NMLRA Directors, and those who want to win NMLRA Shoot Medals know fresh blood could take or win a medal or record they normally win. Breaking up the good old boyz club.

Formor Director SS want the NMLRA to return to the days when you had to be sponsored for a membership. Membership was not open to one & all who was interested in ML Sports.

C'mon, is any organization perfect? What organization doesn't have its flaws. I mean, even your church has its flaws and it is seeking the will of God. I am an NMLRA member and have been for many years. I don't plan to quit even though I can't attend any of the National Matches any more. The NMLRA wants to promote muzzleloading and see the interest in muzzleloading grow. Isn't that what we all want? If you have ever served on a school board, a fraternal organization board, a church board, you know not everyone has the same idea about how things ought to be done. Do any of them run as smooth as silk? Nope. Everyone has ideas about how things ought to be done and for an organization to work for us, we have to be willing to work together for the common good and not spend our time infighting and nitpicking. Is there a better national or international muzzleloading organization than NMLRA? If there is, I am unaware of it.

C'mon, is any organization perfect?
Nope!.....And I know of no organization that ever improved upon it's own "imperfections" by denying their existence.....

I think akapennypincher has made an excellent point regarding organizational culture dynamics.

Back