• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

National Muzzleloading Rifle Assoc

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The 'primitive' or buckskinners were, and still are, a different breed than those on the line. Unfortunately, NMLRA did not handle the primitive discipline well and many ill feelings resulted."

Rifleman 1776, No argument with the above, but I'm a bit in the dark about the subject. Would you care to educate me ( a PT will suffice)?

What I think I know about buck skinning & the NMLRA is that it was something John D. Baird and his acolytes were heavily involved with back in the late 1960's - early 1970's. His articles in "Muzzle Blasts" promoted that kind of re-enacting or what he himself called "role playing." That however, is the extent of my knowledge, although I have read (in "MB'") about Rendezvous issues.

Thx in advance!

I pity the sheep that are corralled into the chutes, because they know not of their impending fate....

History is full of well meaning and intentioned organizations that failed at the very tasks they set out to accomplish...

An objective look at the past 30 years paints a different picture for both organizations....We are worse off now, than we were then....

While these organizations have grown, Our rights have been diminished.

Take an objective look.

Well I just re read this over year old thread I started and all the replies. I wonder why any new shooter would want to join the NMLRA? Why has NMLRA membership declined? Is it about matches? What % of members actually shoot in matches? Is it because buck skinners are being shunned? What % of new members have any real interest in re enacting? Maybe the dues are too high for anyone who just reads the magazine and might attend the National Shoot once in a while.
Young potential shooters want to fire the weapons they use in gamer consoles. Maybe some enterprising person needs to design a video game based on the French/Indian War, or the Revolutionary War?

BTW we have this West Coast Hamburger Chain called "In n Out" and there is one on the Eastside of I-17 that has world class hamburgers.

Hmmmm, don't know about that statement but here's one word(made out of two) every Texan knows, Whataburger..... now theres a world class burger and burger joint fer ya. :grin:

There are several - The Battlegrounds, The Battlegrounds II, Empire Total War, The American Revolution mod for Empire TW, Naval Action. The games are not as popular as modern shoot-em up or massive multiplayer fantasy role playing games. The Battlegrounds series was especially fun and BGII was historically not bad at all for a PC game. But they are just not so popular.

Back