• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Has Anyone Ever Bought A Lemon?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve turned a few muzzleloader’s into Lemon’s!

Sometime back I’d assembled an early TC Hawken kit. Browned the barrel, slimed down and finished the stock, polished the brass and so on. I have to say, it came out looking like an extremely nice muzzleloader!! I was so proud of my handy work.

It was a bright sunny day! Birds were singing! I enjoyed being me!!

Took the the muzzleloader outside to take some pictures of my handy work. Leaned it up against the stair railing on the deck. I was taking pictures from all angles. I was so excited!

The wife came out on the deck to see what I was up to now? While looking through the camera lense I waved her off as to say “ Stop bugging me, I’m busy! “

She got the hint and stormed back into the house and slammed the screen door behind her!!

Started the dominos chain reaction! The slamming of the screen door shook the wooden deck just enough to dislodge the muzzleloader and down the deck stairs it went! End over End, hitting all three stairs on the way. Ended up bouncing abruptly on the concrete walkway and finally came to a rest. I went from the Penthouse to the $@*^# house in a matter of seconds! Watching that gun tumble was like watching an Indy Race and the car hitting the side wall and flipping end over end!! Everything’s in slow motion of course.

Anyway, Gun was in pretty rough shape needless to say! About every part of that muzzleloader. Wood, metal, and brass.

Did the story have a Happy ending? NO!!

I’m still suffering from PTSD over that incident! lol

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

Respectfully, Cowboy

Sometime back I’d assembled an early TC Hawken kit. Browned the barrel, slimed down and finished the stock, polished the brass and so on. I have to say, it came out looking like an extremely nice muzzleloader!! I was so proud of my handy work.

Took the the muzzleloader outside to take some pictures of my handy work. Leaned it up against the stair railing on the deck. I was taking pictures from all angles. I was so excited!

The wife came out on the deck to see what I was up to now? While looking through the camera lense I waved her off as to say “ Stop bugging me, I’m busy! “

She got the hint and stormed back into the house and slammed the screen door behind her!!

Started the dominos chain reaction! The slamming of the screen door shook the wooden deck just enough to dislodge the muzzleloader and down the deck stairs it went! End over End, hitting all three stairs on the way. Ended up bouncing abruptly on the concrete walkway and finally came to a rest. I went from the Penthouse to the $@*^# house in a matter of seconds! Watching that gun tumble was like watching an Indy Race and the car hitting the side wall and flipping end over end!! Everything’s in slow motion of course.

Anyway, Gun was in pretty rough shape needless to say! About every part of that muzzleloader. Wood, metal, and brass.

Respectfully, Cowboy
Agree, its’ hell being us

Respectfully, Cowboy

Sometimes silence is golden.

Back