• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finished a Pedersoli Trade Musket kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Rob

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Now to get out and shoot it.
0510200916.jpg
0510200916a.jpg

Looks great! Would you recommend the kit to a new?
I wanted a new one but every place I checked were backordered due to the lockdown in Italy. Abe's General Store had a kit so I bought it. This was my third kit gun to build. I think I may give a try to building my next one from scratch. It is fun to build them, I recommend giving it a try.

Dixie has kits available they come with steel butt plates instead of brass if that matters , there finished versions have brass butt plates but there out of stock.. I bought the last finished one a month ago

Dixie has kits available they come with steel butt plates instead of brass if that matters , there finished versions have brass butt plates but there out of stock.. I bought the last finished one a month ago
This one came with a steel butt plate. It was still white, I blued it to match the rest of the hardware

I see you removed the waves from the serpent side plate I plan on doing that also,i also replaced the rod pipes with ones from TOTW

Attachments

• IM003153.JPG
    IM003153.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 94
I see you removed the waves from the serpent side plate I plan on doing that also,i also replaced the rod pipes with ones from TOTW
Didn't like the waves, it looked cheap, I do like the pipes you put on yours. Not sure how much tinkering I will do on it for awhile. Too many smoke poles to shoot to spend time tinkering. Maybe next winter.

You did a nice job on that gun, Captain Rob.

I have a question... Is the serpent side plate on the Pedersoli Trade Musket inletted or surface mounted? I was thinking if one wanted to swap the factory "serpent" out for a more authentic one, it might be easier to manage if you don't have to deal with the factory inlet.

Best regards

Notchy Bob

You did a nice job on that gun, Captain Rob.

I have a question... Is the serpent side plate on the Pedersoli Trade Musket inletted or surface mounted? I was thinking if one wanted to swap the factory "serpent" out for a more authentic one, it might be easier to manage if you don't have to deal with the factory inlet.

Best regards

Notchy Bob
Surface mounted

Latest posts

Back