• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Loading stand

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one for my flintlock pistol that is not that pretty. It has a curved spine that matches the curve of the pistol grip to make sure I do not stress the grip while loading. The curved portion is lined with felt to protect the finish on the pistol stock. Works great.

The one I made is pretty simple but will hold all of my handguns. Just a sample of the different styles, not all I have.
pistol stand.jpg

My buddy and I have started on a pistol loading stand prototype. The pine will serve to sort out ideas then we’ll make nicer ones out of walnut. It needs to work with both single shot and large or small revolvers. A few more details to work out yet but seems useful.
IMG_0567 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr
IMG_0569 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr
IMG_0570 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr
I saw quite a few broken Patriot stocks back in the day from loading or cleaning them in a loading stand basically identical to the one pictured in the TC instruction manual. Not that different from the one in OP’s second photograph.
1680029377692.png

Back