• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to get a baby sized powder flask?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I simply cannot find one online that isn't GIGANTIC!

I have a friend that lent me a small palm sized one, and I'd like to replace it and give him his flask back. But, for the life of me, googling "baby powder flask" for Pedersoli gets me nothing.

I don't want a giant honking flask I have to take out of my bag every time to prime my pan.

Anybody got a good distributor for one?
Dixie used to have one in their catalog; have you tried them? (Otherwise going to a powder-flask nursery!) :D

Sometimes you just have to make what you want.
Totally agree, sometimes you just got to make what you want because it doesn’t exist or is not quite what you want or is stupid expensive. (That is IF you like to and want to make them).
I made these small “priming horns” from inexpensive pet store ”chew” toy antlers/horn. Most are less than 4” or so. Only real cost is time but oh so enjoyable and your imagination is your only limit!

IMG_4233.jpeg

IMG_6465.jpeg

Totally agree, sometimes you just got to make what you want because it doesn’t exist or is not quite what you want or is stupid expensive. (That is IF you like to and want to make them).
I made these small “priming horns” from inexpensive pet store ”chew” toy antlers/horn. Most are less than 4” or so. Only real cost is time but oh so enjoyable and your imagination is your only limit!

View attachment 258588
View attachment 258589
Chew toys. Like the ones my wife buys the dogs that never get touched.......
I'm going to describe the light that just came on over my head as an old neon one trying to flicker to life after many years of disuse. Yes, sometimes it hurts.

I have a friend that lent me a small palm sized one, and I'd like to replace it and give him his flask back. But, for the life of me, googling "baby powder flask" for Pedersoli gets me nothing.

I don't want a giant honking flask I have to take out of my bag every time to prime my pan.

I can make a kit any size you want!

Here is a small one <Miniature Brass Priming Flask (veteranarms.com)>

How small do you want it? I can make them any size you want....call me 910-964-2580.

These metal flasks are way overpriced and bad quality. I try to find originals and fix them.

Well if it were me I would split a moose angler palm about 4-5 inches tall , cut out the mantle (core) of both halves to form the cavity, flat sand both halves until perfectly flat to each other and epoxy then back together with a spring valve threaded into the top. Oh yes, moose antler will take a tapped thread very well and the texture of moose antler if very becoming just as stag pistol grips are.
Done well as described one has to search to find the seem of the two halve joined together.

I made a priming powder flask from a repurposed plastic nasal spray squeeze bottle.
The screw cap seals humidity tight and water tight, so it dropped in puddle safe, no leaks.
I just had to drill through the fine mist spray nozzle with a drill bit sized to let 4fg flow out smoothly without requiring squeezing the middle of the bottle.

Latest posts

Back