• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to get a baby sized powder flask?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I simply cannot find one online that isn't GIGANTIC!

I have a friend that lent me a small palm sized one, and I'd like to replace it and give him his flask back. But, for the life of me, googling "baby powder flask" for Pedersoli gets me nothing.

I don't want a giant honking flask I have to take out of my bag every time to prime my pan.

Anybody got a good distributor for one?
Make one!

Attachments

• IMG_1051.jpeg
    IMG_1051.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0

I have a friend that lent me a small palm sized one, and I'd like to replace it and give him his flask back. But, for the life of me, googling "baby powder flask" for Pedersoli gets me nothing.

I don't want a giant honking flask I have to take out of my bag every time to prime my pan.

Im not an advocate for priming horns or flasks , i prime from same horn i charge from , but Ken Netting sent me this awesome little brass primer for a Christmas present and ....it sure is nice ! You could have him.make ya one if you want ..sorry , dont know how much they go for ...He's in the book , Columbus Ohio area

Attachments

• IMG_20231213_114421.jpg
    IMG_20231213_114421.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

I'll probably get thrown out of the boars nest for this admission but my priming flask is made from a .50 cal BMG case with a lanyard soldered into the primer cup and threaded, spring loaded valve on the neck end.
No it ain't traditional but works like a dream to dispense Null-B priming powder with it's funnel like body shape. I've never heard a single complaint about it not being traditional because it looks and functions so great.

I bought a Colt Baby flask years ago at a flea market. Recently purchased another on line. I use them for priming my fowler. I cap the spout with a .32 Auto empty. Holds a lot of powder, is flat and compact, and easily slips out of my pocket when I need it. I also have some small flat priming horns (I love these!) but they need two hands to operated (or one hand and my teeth--hard to put the plug back in with my teeth.)

ADK Bigfoot

Back