• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

USPS and Track of the Wolf

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it doesn't help to have a guy put in charge who would like nothing more than to see them out of business. My carrier tells me nightmare stories of what it's been like having to keep his mouth shut about DeJoy.

"Requiring a signature hasn't helped because the guy delivering it just signs themselves and drops it at the door, because covid and all."

The signature is on the electronic gizmo, if ain't yours it ain't yours.
EXCACTLY! I got black powder today - HAZMAT - from Midway via UPS - required a signature, but the guy just put it in our plastic tub in front of our garage door - down on ground level - and we live "upstairs" - no personal contact at all. I'd never known it was down there but for our Ring Doorbell video - and we have 5" of snow and it's dripping wet down there under the deck. GRATFUL for our Ring! (not a commercial - just the truth - and have on e on the front porch at upper ground level too - Walmart food delivery today - saw the box via THAT Ring doorbell video. "BRAVE NEW WORLD" this!

In the last 6 weeks I have had 3 packages go walkabout,
One started in Kentucky, came to Denver, Colorado went to Maryland then came to the correct address in Eastern Colorado.(14 days)
another started in Denver, went to El Paso Texas then to the correct address. (16 days)
the 3rd started in Maryland came to Denver and sat for 10 days, then an almost empty box with the side completely torn open was delivered to my address (18 days)

Loved USPS up until about this past December. Since then, have had delays as long as a month. No excuses but when I filled out their online forms, they showed up inside of 2-days. Sure hope things pick up as I hate waiting for the slow brown truck. FedEx is even worse. Postal service was the best thing since pockets on shirts but lately has gone down the tubes.

I had a package sent 2 DAY..........they blame it all to the COVID19 virus? YEH? any one else have had a simular experience?
A large envelope I had made sure had the correct postage (added to the 55c stamps already there) sent st class...it was mailed January 4, from Indianapolis, IN and got to Columbus, Ohio yesterday February 11th.

Anytime I buy anything that has to be shipped, I opt for insurance. Any long gun or stock I buy I ask the seller to put it into a plastic hard case which I offer to pay for.

Auto body panels must be shipped in a wooden crate....I learned that one the hard way when UPS badly dented an original 1970 Chevy fender for me. They paid for most of the repair bill but I had to foot some of it.

We have the same problems here.
ordered a box of brass a while ago, shipping (with Hermes) was cheaper than the fuel so I placed the order, after about a week the gun shop (shotgun reloading in South Brent) let me know that some one in Brixham (about 18 miles from the shop) had received it and phoned them, the shop owner then drove down there picked it up repackaged it and sent it by Royal Mail.
we have a VERY distinctive address that no one who can read could get wrong. But full marks to the shop for the service.

I recently sent a USPS money order to AZ via priority. Mailed 2/1 arrived 2/11. It's supposed to be three day service.

I sent a package to England USPS Express on 1/27. It arrived 2/4. I didn't think that was too bad, other than the price. The service is all over the board.

The citi sent a reschedule letter about a meeting on a flood control project on 2/2 for 2/8 The neighbors and I revived it 2/10. Lets talk about those mail in votes.

I used to work for a Specialty Steel supplier.
They had a definite preference for FedX . I forget what they said about UPS. It was most unfavorable
Me, I like FedX and USPS

They delivered a possible bag, and horn set that cost over 500.00 to the wrong address. The correct address was clearly on the package, and was dropped off over 2 miles away. It took me two weeks, and knocking on peoples doors before I found the package. I was sweating those first nights. A claim would have been a nightmare!
FedEx has done the same thing to me on several occasions. Fortunately I live in a rather small town and people call you to say your package is sitting on their doorstep and I do the same for them. One day I was driving past my brother's home and saw a FedEX Overnight Priority envelope laying in the snow under his rural mailbox out on the township road. His house is 60 feet away. I stopped not knowing whose it was, but turns out it was my brother's. I went up to his house and it was an over night delivery of a new Credit Card to him that was replacing one that had been hacked. It was supposed to be signed for as well and the FedEx guy just threw it in the snow below his mailbox on a country road! He must have forged a signature to show delivery.

I'm not a big fan of USPS lately and this Covid excuse has run it's course, as far as I'm concerned, but FedEX has losers working for them as well.

Funny how experiences differ....I've NEVER had a problem with UPS.

FedEx has done the same thing to me on several occasions. Fortunately I live in a rather small town and people call you to say your package is sitting on their doorstep and I do the same for them. One day I was driving past my brother's home and saw a FedEX Overnight Priority envelope laying in the snow under his rural mailbox out on the township road. His house is 60 feet away. I stopped not knowing whose it was, but turns out it was my brother's. I went up to his house and it was an over night delivery of a new Credit Card to him that was replacing one that had been hacked. It was supposed to be signed for as well and the FedEx guy just threw it in the snow below his mailbox on a country road! He must have forged a signature to show delivery.

I'm not a big fan of USPS lately and this Covid excuse has run it's course, as far as I'm concerned, but FedEX has losers working for them as well.

Huh? I've NEVER had a good experience with UPS.

I wrap the whole box in tape when shipping something even remotely heavy. Pack it like a gorilla is handling it. Like the old Samsonite commercial.
That's exactly what I envision when I receive a package from UPS all squashed up. The Samsonite Gorillas.
NEVER NEVER NEVER use UPS to send any important packages, EVER. USPS is actually pretty good, unless it's Christmas time, and FEDEX is also really good at handling packages without them arriving looking like they were run over with a forklift.

I have recently ordered two different orders of hickory ramrods from TOW. Both were shipped USPS and both arrived in pristine condition (4 foot long, little skinny box). Kudos to TOW and USPS.

My "signature" on any "electronic gizmo" is a chicken scratch compared to my sig on paper.
I imagine it's the same for most people seein's how the gizmo is normally unsupported.

wm
I've taken to signing with an "X". For a while I signed O.B.Laden. No one looked at the signature. The only place anyone has checked my signature in years is at the polls and at our safety deposit box.

My experience has been the opposite. Local UPS has been the worst. My driveway is almost 3/4 of a mile, with the mailbox at the end. UPS drivers have left items costing up to $1000 sitting on the ground by the road (sometimes in the rain). When I check the tracking info, it says delivered to front door. UPS has consistently been the worst, regardless of city/state that Iived in. USPS has overstuffed rare books ordered by my wife in our mailbox, that wouldn't normally fit, literally hanging out in the rain, when it would have been easier to leave a note "pkg at PO". FedEx, has been the best, and has always delivered to my front door except once, when a new driver turned back after reading the "Second Hand Lions" signs on my driveway... DANGER, RADIATION... TURN BACK NOW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was watching the birds in the drive way eating their seed when the USPS sub drove up to the neighbors house and carried a package to the front door. He rang the door bell and placed the package in front of the door. Waited a bit, pulls out a cell phone and takes a picture of the package and goes back to his truck.

Makes a person wonder. Oh, they were home.

I had a package sent 2 DAY PRIORITY, it got to SPRINGFIELD MASS, in two days, then the tracking #came up that it sat in MASS for 12 days, then it showed up! odd part after I received it , it came up as still in SPRINGFIELD, MASS! how about that? they blame it all to the COVID19 virus? YEH? any one else have had a simular experience?
I had one that tracking showed was sitting in Maryland the day it was delivered. 2 weeks later I received notice from shipper that due to a severe weather event they were needing to reschedule delivery. that was a month ago and it still shows Maryland and it has been in my hands over a month.

My experience has been the opposite. Local UPS has been the worst. My driveway is almost 3/4 of a mile, with the mailbox at the end. UPS drivers have left items costing up to $1000 sitting on the ground by the road (sometimes in the rain). When I check the tracking info, it says delivered to front door. UPS has consistently been the worst, regardless of city/state that Iived in. USPS has overstuffed rare books ordered by my wife in our mailbox, that wouldn't normally fit, literally hanging out in the rain, when it would have been easier to leave a note "pkg at PO". FedEx, has been the best, and has always delivered to my front door except once, when a new driver turned back after reading the "Second Hand Lions" signs on my driveway... DANGER, RADIATION... TURN BACK NOW, and TRESSPASSERS WILL BE HOGTIED AND TOLD THEY HAVE A PURTY MOUTH...
For me, UPS will deliver to door, USPS will call to let me know I have a package ready to deliver and Fed X drop0s it on the ground 150 yards from my house and on tracking note that it was delivered to door and left on deck. Last week I found the 2 Fed X packages at the base on my Mailbox another 150 yards further down the road from the end on my driveway.

Same thing happened to me a while back. Ordered some 8" steel plates and all I got from USPS was an empty box delivered to my door.

Not sure how 25lbs of steel plates gets "lost", but it did.

Filed a claim with USPS. Got most of my money back from them (minus shipping costs).

They must have a warehouse full of stuff somewhere of items they "lose".
USPS does indeed have a warehouse filled with things they have lost. Periodically they sell it as unclaimed property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back