• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can you ship a percussion Sharps through the USPS?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cancel the order, void the check, block the CC payment.
@ $2,600 they want to slap you with another $45 for their comfort(?)
Yep, cancel that order and give up your non-refundable $250 deposit to prove your point and displeasure. That will show them who the boss is.

Ouch! Did the OP say something about a deposit? I'm sorry, I missed that
Not specifically mentioned by the OP, but Shiloh Rifle states up front the required $250 deposit is non-refundable, and I wouldn’t call it the ‘fine print’.
1700534524134.png

I have had several firearms shipped to my FFL and the only ones he charges for is the 4473 and background check. Arms that don't require them he never charges me.
My FFL obviously has my phone number in their phone. They know it’s me when I call them. Never a bad thing to support the local businesses.

Naturally, having already paid $2600, I will pay another $45 to the FFL for the transfer.
That's a real bummer, but it's probably the best way to resolve the situation, get it behind you, go on from from here, and, of course .... never, ever do business with Shiloh Sharps again ... and ...

DOUBTLESS NOBODY READING THIS THREAD EVER WILL, EITHER

you might email them a link to it and maybe they'll get the message

I would do business with them again. A long time ago, I ordered a Shiloh Sharps Long Range Express cartridge rifle in 50-90 caliber. It was a sweet gun but unfortunately I had to trade it off when I ran low on funds while putting in a half mile long driveway. To this day I regretted having to get rid of it.
I now have a nice 1874 Taylor's Sharps in 45-70. It is just as nice as the Shiloh Sharps and a lot less expensive.

before a lot of drama ask your local ffl. what they would charge. they dont have to call it in . so maybe $0.00 or a small fee. ask em. if your a regular there , likely free.
They charge $45. I'm not a regular at gun stores...I don't think I've bought anything from a gun store in over 10 years. Well, I bought some flintlocks from Cabela's a couple of years ago but they won't know me from anybody.

So.... my take away (for myself) is that, in all future purchases - iron out the required shipping details before agreeing to purchase. I'll have to remember that, because I do occasionally make purchases of various internet sites. My ffl charges for anything that comes through his doors (it is business), obviously a lot less for non 4473.

These types of questions always generate a lot of responses. Like many others here I have shipped and received a number of ml rifles via USPS over the years. I use the 'click and ship' feature and my packages are picked up from my front porch by the mail carrier. The boxes are obviously suggestive of a long gun being inside. Other than rough handling, I have never had an issue with USPS. Shipping ml guns this way is perfectly legal. What is inside the box is the responsibility of the sender (you). Sending a modern gun this way is illegal but one could quite possibly get away with doing so. But, methinks that would not be worth the risk of violating the law. ATF ain't the friendliest folks. o_O

Latest posts

Back