• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Arrrgh USPS and new toys anticipation

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brettitt41

32 Cal
Reaction score
The USPS will probably lead to my demise one day. I think I'll have my remains sent USPS that way I get at least another week on the earth or maybe I'll get lost and be here indefinitely. I received 2 shipping notifications, 1 for my accessories and finish and 1 for my rifle kit. The 1st says it will be here Saturday and looking at the tracking info its already at my local PO sine 1:30AM today. Ok not gonna worry about the accessories. The rifle still says waiting to be picked up from the shipper, only has label created as status, but the tracking info shows its in Jacksonville, FL. It had to pass my house to get there from Ohio. I'll just not patiently wait and see if or when it shows up. FYI my local PO was just on the news because they found 3 years worth of undelivered mail in the back of the PO. Their response was too busy to deliver. ARRRGH...

I generally have good Luck with USPS. UNLESS it's an antique firearm. Then it takes a few weeks.. Believe it or not, USPS uses Fedex and UPS to move a lot of their packages. USPS just does the initial pickup and final delivery, they obviously have issues with the easy parts, it could be worse!

USPS is my last resort. They epitomize Bureaucratic Ineptitude. If I'm buying something and USPS is the only option, I'm going to just start buying from another source, even if I have to pay more. Waiting two or three weeks for a package is unacceptable. I'm waiting for one as we speak that has been a couple of weeks in transit, and has sat 24 miles from my house for two days.....and, their tracking system went down this morning. FJB.

I have and use the USPS app along with UPS and FED EX apps. They let you follow the package. When and where it is. Sometimes I get all caught up in it though. Like why is it still sitting at so and so place?
Works for me. Enjoy your day.

Back